Thread: Overused words and phrases in the English language these days according to me

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

These are all words you initiated in the first place, player. That's like something right out of a reality television show. Quit being so emo. If you're still being a hater, then save the drama, for yo momma!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DRAMA dramatic/overdramatic - people seem to just like saying this word, basically to describe any hectic situation. Rarely would you hear this word in the 80s but in the late 90s it picked up a lot and now everyone is "sick of the drama."

EMO - I first saw this word as a track on blink 182's Dude Ranch CD and then it became a genre and now it is a style. A now overrated, corporatized style. And it has to go. If you are broadcasting it to the world, you're not emo.

HATER - usually people who have insecurity issues say that people who don't like them are "haters but in reality, a "hater" is usually in the majority. The "hater" doesn't dislike the other person because it is the cool thing to do, they just dislike the person because they are of no use to their existence.

PLAYER - he's a player, she's a player, everyone's a player. Let me tell you something, the only 'players' are sports professionals. Don't confuse sports and relationships.

REALITY TELEVISION - Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of this television style but it seems like everything is called "reality television" now. Folks, Simple Life is not 'reality' and neither is 75% of the things called such a thing. The only true "Reality Television" is the nightly news.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the term is actually "Playa", which is even worse.

Can someone please explain this "emo" thing to me, cause I don't fucken get it.

Inactive Member Daniel C. Quick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know someone probably already explained it to you but I'll do it anyways. According to wikipedia.org, Emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk. It's also a slang word to describe the fashion styles toward emo music. And wikipedia.org also says.."Emo is used slangely to Seperate a range of kids who listen to some music different then theres,have long hair that goes over one of there eyes,and sometimes cut themselves."

I would rather shoot myself in the foot then become an emo. It was created by retards for retards...But that's just my view on it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, is the 13 year old back again? Let me say this...when you get older you will appreciate "emo" a little more. Of course teenage boys are obsessed with being macho. Used to be ALL I wanted to hear was "i'm pissed at the world" type metal, now i'm willing to hear something a little more sensitive.

Inactive Member Daniel C. Quick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't trying to start an argument. God damn, chill...And how will I "appreciate" emo when I get older? Please explain, I need a good laugh.