Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think our tragic hero, victim of some very unfortunate life circumstances, merits our pity. I think he is smart and would otherwise be unable to convince those around him that he?s crazy. I have my doubts as to whether he is genuinely insane.
    I applaud Shakespeare for being such a skilled writer because he makes the reader share the same uncertainties the characters within the play have regarding Hamlet?s sanity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Hamlet is a good person, trying to do good things but I think he is a bit of a weak character. His father has come back to him and he is telling Hamlet to kill Polonious and Hamlet is too afraid to do so, I think he is just making up excuses to not do so. At the same time though, this does not make him an extremely bad character. It actually puts a human side on him, because we as people are a bit weak and a bit scared, and I think it would be hard for anyone to kill another person.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hamlet is confused. His life has never been normal, being heir to the throne. Sudenly in the labse of a month or two his father dies, he has a new dad/king, he feels betrayed by his mother, he has feelings for a girl that cant love him back, his friends start spying on him for his new father, and yet everything to everyone else seems normal. It reminds me of the twighlight zone, in which in every episode, the main character feels he is becoming crazy, but is still trying to rely on reasoning, even if all your mental schemes are being broken by force of fortune. This is Hamlets attempt to stick to a seemingly impossible reality, which in a sense will make him insane. ever since he heard the ghosts story i believe that he has become more and more insane, and his struggle for reality has become harder and harder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12