Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In an attempt to get you know you better please answer these questions in the form of a response on the discussion board. Be sure you read everybody's post and feel free to engage in conversation about your reading preferences. Also, please make your response as detailed and comprehensive as possible. Thanks! Have a great weekend!

1) What was your favorite book you?ve ever read and why? 2) Do you have a particular genre you enjoy, like sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers, mysteries, police procedurals, horror, suspense, romance, drama, memoirs, etc.? Why does this genre appeal to you? Is there a certain memory or experience that you associate with it? 3) If you don?t like to read, tell us why. Was there a bad experience in a class or have you just never found a book you like?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite book is Harry Potter and the prisoner of Askaban. It is my favorite book because i like the fantasy genre and it has a good plot line. It is better than 4 and 5. I like the fantasy genre because it is very interesting with all of the creatures and magic and stuff. I don't really like reading because it doesn't leap out at me like it does with other people. I still read but, it not as exciting as other things like sports are.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

My favorite book is the V club. i like the V club because it addresses real issues in todays girls. I found it an interesting read but it was very realistic and that is what i liked most about the book. i favorite genre of reading is romance and fantasy. i find romance interesting because its much more exciting than my life. fantasy is also good because it explores a world that is usual very different for our own.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

My favorite book is the V club. i like the V club because it addresses real issues in todays girls. I found it an interesting read but it was very realistic and that is what i liked most about the book. i favorite genre of reading is romance and fantasy. i find romance interesting because its much more exciting than my life. fantasy is also good because it explores a world that is usual very different for our own.

brianna mitchell blue 4

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.) My favorite books that I have ever read are the books from the Series of Unfornunate Events. I like them becuase I can get sucked into to the from the begining and are the only books I can actaully read straight through in one sitting.

2.) My favorite genre is fantasy. This genre appeals to me because anything can happen. There are no limits to what one person or thing can do. Something that seems so ordinary can seem so extraordinary in the fantasy genre. No, I do not have any memories or experiences that I associate with the genre.

3.) I can't really answer this question because I love to read.

[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Megan Janetis, Blue 4

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 25, 2005 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Megan Janetis ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 25, 2005 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Tommy Martinson ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my favorite book is "With Every Drop Of Blood" because i like to learn about what happen in the time of war. i also liked to hear about the kid's life and how he had to deal with the problems at the time of war, with losing his dad and getting captured. i like historical fiction because i like learning about those times and there is no reason or expeiance that i associated with why i like it. even though i still read i don't love to read because it doesn't spark my interest.

Tommy Martinson, Blue 4

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite book i ever read was The Devils Arithmetic, because it was really intersting and kept you wanting to read it. I don't really have a particular genre ill just read whatever is recomended. Its not that i don't like to read i would just rather do other things. I will read though if its a really good book.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite book series is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I like how Douglas Adams writes even though he's very bizarre. I like comic literature, I like books that can make me laugh. I especially liked the part where our main characters use the improbability drive, and then we hear the short life span of a whale floating 300mi above a ghostly planet. I like to read because I can learn things. Although, I still don't like reading as much as a TV.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite book is The Pigman because it is the only book that i have read in a day and i like the way the author wrote the story from two peoples perspectives. I dont really care what genre the book is, as long as its a good book and isnt boring. I only like to read if the books is a good book that doesnt have a boring beggining.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast