Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite book is The True Confessions Of Charlotte Doyle! It was a great book! it was so good i made my parents and sister read it! i would read thatb book a millions times if i could! The aurthor just keep me into the book! They alwasy ended the chapter with a cliff hanger! it was agreat book and i recomend that who ever likes mystery and cliff hangers that they read the book!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Mr. S*****meyer:
    In an attempt to get you know you better please answer these questions in the form of a response on the discussion board. Be sure you read everybody's post and feel free to engage in conversation about your reading preferences. Also, please make your response as detailed and comprehensive as possible. Thanks! Have a great weekend!

1) What was your favorite book you?ve ever read and why? 2) Do you have a particular genre you enjoy, like sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers, mysteries, police procedurals, horror, suspense, romance, drama, memoirs, etc.? Why does this genre appeal to you? Is there a certain memory or experience that you associate with it? 3) If you don?t like to read, tell us why. Was there a bad experience in a class or have you just never found a book you like?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't have a favorite book. I've read a lot of good ones. Most of them dealt with mystery or suspense like the Harry Potter books or the Tony Hillerman books. They make me want to keep on reading. My favorite genre would have to be one of those two.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Favorite book would have to be Princess Nevermore because this books' genre romance.My favorite genre is between Fantasy/Romance. Yes, I love to read because there is different types of books you can choose from to read.

Inactive Member Shikha Chaurasia's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

1) I do not have a favorite book, since I prefer all the 'exceptional' books that I've read to be on the same basis, characterized only by their genre. However, the last book I read was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince; therefore, because it is the one I can recall the best, I'll say it is my favorite due to the amusing dialogue, especially with the sardonic sarcasm, the intensive action, the drama, and the overall way it was written by J.K. Rowlings.
    2) There is no genre that I favor over the other; it all depends on the quality of the book and what I am in the preference of reading. As of right now, I would like to read a slightly angst and dramatic book.
    3) I do like to read; thus, this question(s) is not applicable. All the while, I loathe reading boring, plotless books because I feel that it's an utter waste of time doing so (since I'll get nothing from it).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My all time favorite book has to be Harry Potter 4 because of all the action and stuff that happend to him like the last opsticle, the maze. My favorite genre is fiction. It appeals to me because they usualy have really cool turning points. There is no experience that has actualy been associated with it.I hate to read because I can always think of 100 better things to do durring the day becides reading. I remeber in first grade that my teacher forst us to read for like 45 minutes and I could not sit still because I was one of those Kids who always had to much energy, so after that I never got into it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

uhm my favorite book is i think...stormbreaker cause i like how u never really can predict to what is going to happen next and there is lots of action. My favorite type of genre is thrillers or suspense cause i like to be surprised and not be able to predict...always keep me guessing. I just like to read things that may not really happen to me in my life or be as exciting in some of the books i read.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

1.)My favorite book I have ever read was Holes by ...ahh I forget. But anyways I always loved that book because when your reading it, you can picture it in your mind better then any other book. It's easy to think of, especially after they made the movie for it too.
    2.)Mostly the genre I enjoy is Non-Fiction. I like to read non fiction books like biographys of famous people, or books that were takin after real people.
    Other than some books and the newspaper, I will honestly say I do not like reading. I had some bad experiences where the teachers was very boring, and she never expressed anything out, therefore I could not picture the story in my mind. But Mr Sheirmeyer seems alot better than that old lady [img]wink.gif[/img]
    I forgot to say I also loved the book "The Outsiders" by I think it was S.E Hinton.
    Thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Excuse me.
    I meant to spell it as My Scheirmeyer
    Sorry, Thanks
    Kelly Flaherty

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1. My favorite series of books is the Clique. I love the Clique, because from the minute you start reading it , you won't want to put the book down. It's so interesting to read about teenage girls and peer pressure and popularity situations and all that.

2. There is no partiular type of genre I prefer to read. I like to read all different types of books.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite book is Romeo and Juliet. I like this book because whenever there was a problem between their families, the feelings they had never changed for eachother. I usually like non-fiction better than fiction, but this novel showed me how far someone would go to be with someone they care about.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 27, 2005 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Colleen Auld ]</font>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast