Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is there a history of child abuse? (yes, the mother incident may indicate violent behavior, but that was 14 yrs ago and directed towards a parent and not a child) 14 yrs ago, SM was a child himself
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, no he wasn't. He was 20 years old at the time. I believe by that point in time he had already taken up boxing. The mother was just an extracurricular.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Did anyone ask Frazier or Lillith what they think about this. Maybe they can help [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I see both sides of this almost daily. On the one hand, it is disgraceful to see children get abused.

On the other hand, our DFC (in Ohio it's called CPS) often brings cases of "abuse" that aren't.

It all comes down to your definition of "abuse."

Obviously, you put the kid in the hospital, there's a problem. But, just because you spank him.....and DFC/CPS neither knows nor cares about the difference. Everyone loves exercising power, and they feel real important when they can waltz into someone's home and take (or threaten to take) their child from them.

Then again, I have represented clients who did beat the hell out of their kid.

I guess there really is no black-white to this, each case is unique. I will say this- all things being equal, I lean towards the parents right to raise their child as they see fit, and away from the government coming in and telling them how to do it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We all know that boys mature much slower than girls...so I believe SM was still a child at 20! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I agree with Lew. Let the parents raise their children. It is fortunate that SM actually takes an interest in his child, rather than ignoring him like alot of parents do these days.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is fortunate that SM actually takes an interest in his child, rather than ignoring
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I suppose this is true to a point, but a lot of this depends on what kind of "attention" the boy has been receiving.

As I said, I reserve judgment until more details are known.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am reserving judgement altogether because we will never know enough details. Just gotta hope SM does the right thing for his son.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123