Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Question

Ok, here it is.

Other than for a festival, work, show or a ballgame, when was the last time you went downtown?

And, what were you down there doing?

This is merely a question to see how often people venture downtown to shop or eat other than when there is an event going on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bob got tickets for the Aronoff in April, so we went. That was the first time we've been downtown since 2000.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Every once in a while I'll stop down for something. Maybe stop in someplace for a [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] , but I think it was about 2 months ago that I was last down there (for something other than a fest or a game) and that was to buy a couple of shirts.

I used to like to go down and eat lunch on the square, but havent down that in a while. (with the renovations of the square, it'll be a long while before I can do it again LOL!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The last time I was downtown to do anything other than to see a show or keep an appointment was in 1965. I was down there looking for a dress to wear to my father-in-law's funeral.

Can anyone beat that??? [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, Greg. I didn't read your post closely enough to see that you'd excluded going for a show.

AFAIK, there is absolutely no reason at all for Bob and I to go downtown. There's NOTHING to do, other than wait to be mugged or hassled.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

No problem. Actually I remember you mentioning that you two hadnt been down there in quite a while.

It's been about 5 and a half years since I worked downtown, but even then I didnt spend a whole ton of time down there unless I was working (then again, I was working 6 days a week LOL!)

[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

A couple of weeks ago, to meet with my attorney. Went in, met with her, got my parking ticket validated, left without spending a dime.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went downtown last Saturday to meet a few friends for a run. We met at Fountain Square and ran over the purple people bridge and then back over the blue bridge. Stopped in Starbucks when we got back for some frappachino.

We were also there Fri night for the Reds game and Sat afternoon for Taste, but I guess those 2 don't count.

It was odd that I ventured downtown 3 times in 2 days!

Oh, I did go to Findley Market 2 weeks ago and plan to go to Findley this weekend as well.

Before that, my last trip downtown was in March to get a cake from Take the Cake. YUMMY!!!