Thread: It Was 20 Years Ago (but not exactly today)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cant believe it's been that long.
    20th class reunion tonight.
    AHS class of 1985. I didnt make it to the 5, 10 or 15, so this should be interesting.
    (various reason, some more legit than others [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] )
    Anywho, it'll be good to sit around and make fun of all the dumb/crazy/slightly nuts/fun things that went on way back in those high school days.
    See some old friends, make fun of how we dressed, talked, acted and the music we listened to.
    (If you cant laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at)
    Actually looking forward to it, glad I can actually go this time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself Greg.
    Me? I graduated in 1956 (yeah! I said 1956!) and have not attended any of the reunions. My husband is trying to talk me into attending the 50th next year but I doubt that I will go. I don't have many pleasant memories of my younger years. And very few of high school. So, it is doubtful that I will go. [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went to my 25th 4 years ago, with the intent of just dropping in for about 15 minutes on the way to finding other, more fun things to do.

From the reception hall, we walked across the street to Turpin High School where my McNicholas Rockets were playing the Spartans in a football game. I sat with former classmates to shoot the breeze.

The we went back to McNick, parked in a back lot where a bon fire was built and everyone stood around and drank beer for the rest of the night.

I ended up having a decent time.

Unfortunately, it seemed that those who attended already had regular contact with each other for the most part. The one's who were doing interesting things with there lives didn't seem to attend.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Well, it was fun!
    I got to see and talk to a lot of people I havent seen in years, had a few drinks, a little dinner and a lot of laughs. Friends from the old neighborhood, and other classmates and friends some of whom I really havent seen since graduation. It didnt really hit me how long it had been (too long and I do apologize for missing the last three reunions) since I had seen many of them. Without sounding sexist or piggish, the women have aged very well as a group. Actually as a class, it seems that time has been rather kind to us all. ( but you know me I'm gonna notice the girls). Great to tell a few stories and listen to others tell theirs and share a few laughs. Hope the pictures turn out well [img]wink.gif[/img]
    AHS CLASS OF 1985 STILL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wont miss the next one!

[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ August 06, 2005 07:59 AM: Message edited by: cincygreg ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

I'm just really glad I went. I wanted to go and had the opportunity (even though I ended up working two double shifts to do so) and it was absolutely worth going. There were a few moments where I may have just been about the happiest I have been in a long long time. Seeing old friends and classmates was great, some I hadnt seen in waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to long and some of those I hope to see a whole lot more of in the future. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    It really was a fun night!

[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]