Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From my email:

Mike McCleese, owner of A Guy & His Dog Landscaping in Cincinnati, Ohio will be traveling to Louisiana this Saturday, September 17 to help in the on going rescue and care of animals abandoned in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Many animals are being rescued but many are now dying. Hundreds can still be saved and thousands need continuing care as they wait to be re-united with their owners. Many shelters are woefully understaffed and completely overwhelmed. Most of these animals are the beloved pets of people (also grievously suffering) who for the foreseeable future, can not care for their animals or who were forced to abandon them by the Red Cross or law enforcement agencies. Some items Mike can transport to a shelter:

As of 9/11/05, urgent needs are:
    cages (small-sized especially)
    metal crates (all sizes)
    small litter boxes (to fit inside cages, can be aluminum)
    towels, sheets
    extension cords, power strips
    fans, duct tape, industrial sized garbage bags
    disposable chinette bowls (to feed animals)
    leashes/collars
    flea and tick medication
    Pedialyte (non-flavored)
    Vet supplies (antibiotics, bandages, scissors, Elizabethan collars etc.)
    medical supplies (any old antibiotics you have, ointments, creams,
    Neosporin, bandages, rehydration fluids, catheters, IV tubing, etc.)
    trucks
    transport for animals coming in and leaving

If you can donate one or more of these items please contact Mike @ (513) 542-8609. Any cash donation would also be gratefully accepted since it will take several hundred dollars in gas purchases for travel to and from New Orleans and to operate a gas powered generator Mike will be transporting to operate a small air conditioner for sick animals.

Thank you for helping out! Thousands of people and pets along the Gulf coast are counting on us during this desperate operation. Mike will be leaving Cincinnati during the early afternoon this Saturday, September 17. Email Mike at [email protected] or call (513) 542-860

Peace to All!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Guy must really love animals. Good for him, hopefully it will be a succesful trip for him.

I heard yesterday that they recovered some of the dolphins that were lost from the aquarium, and that they had housed a few of them in hotel swimming pools during the storm. Many fish were lost, including some sharks but they did at least find those dolphins in the gulf.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just talked to Mike and he has more donations than he can transport. [img]smile.gif[/img] Trav will love the fact that I'm in charge of packing up his truck.

Greg, after being attacked by a great white* in the Bahamas, I think all sharks should have been thrown out to sea. Or made into dog food. Or simply eradicated from this earth.

*Maybe not the REAL story, but it sounds so much better than what actually happened. Don't ask.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rice Krispie post.

A couple of women Mike didn't know helped he and I load his truck. It took us the better part of two hours, but I was most impressed by Barbara. She's from South Africa and came over to say hey to the cat.

I inroduced him as Bobbi Lee and she immediately asked if he was named for the Civil War General "called" Robert E. Lee.

I know Trav is proud is that some people, an ocean and hemisphere away, know about Bobbi Lee.