Thread: Possible solution to FEMA costs

Anton von Stockhoff

Question

The hurricanes of this season and last year have really put a strain on FEMA's budget and ability to deal with disasters in the future. Not to mention the costs of the war in Iraq, our budget deficit is on a rampage.

Why not institute a national lottery? States raise hundreds of millions every year for education with state lotteries. The PowerBall and MegaMillion games raise phenomenal amounts of revenue.

I think a national lottery with a monthly drawing could really go a long way to bringing the budget deficit under control without raising taxes directly.

Something has to be done though. The deficit brought about the downfalls of Louis XVI and Czar Nicholas II.

I leave it to the rest of you to tear the idea apart with your infinitely superior wisdom and self-appointed expertise. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think FEMA should learn to efficiently use the money it has, as it has been throwing it at those who don't need it, leaving those who do need it high and dry.

FEMA should be separated from Homeland Security and made again a cabinet level agency.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FEMA should be disbanded. It's a travesty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The national lottery thing has been brought up before as a way to help support many goverment factions. I think it's at least worth looking into. Unless of course it costs $3 billion to do a study to see if it works LOL!

[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If they should get rid of anything, it's the federal flood insurance program. All it does is encourage building in places that are prone to flooding.