Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool In The Good Old Summertime

In the good old summertime. I lost my shoes and stepped in goo that really feels like slime.... Or not! (yeah, I know those arent the lyrics but work with me on this one)
    The First day of summer is right around the corner (even though many of us have already begun the festivities in it's honor. nothing wrong with getting a little ahead ) . The summer solstice is June 21st!
    Summer Solstice
    In 2009, summer begins June 21, 1:45 A.M. EDT (5:45 UT)
    Solstice comes from the Latin (sol, sun; sistit, stands). For several days before and after each solstice, the sun appears to stand still in the sky?that is, its noontime elevation does not seem to change.
    Solstice, from the Latin for sun stands still, in astronomy, either of the two points on the ecliptic that lie midway between the equinoxes (separated from them by an angular distance of 90?).
    At the solstices the sun's apparent position on the celestial sphere reaches its greatest distance above or below the celestial equator, about 23 1/2? of arc. At the time of summer solstice, around June 20 or 21, the sun is directly overhead at noon at the Tropic of Cancer.
    In the Northern Hemisphere the longest day and shortest night of the year occur on this date, marking the beginning of summer. At winter solstice, about December 22, the sun is overhead at noon at the Tropic of Capricorn; this marks the beginning of winter in the Northern Hemisphere. For several days before and after each solstice the sun appears to stand still in the sky, i.e., its noontime elevation does not seem to change from day to day.
    And strangely enough it falls on fathers day this year (so feel free to do a little something summer oriented with dear old dad this time around).
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....
    I have a question for you all.
    What do you plan to do this summer? Is there something you plan to accomplish? Are there books you intend to read, movies you plan to see? Are there places you want to go and or see? Do you just wanna work on your tan? Are you planning to spend the entire summer counting how many times you flip and or flop? Will you take a trip/vacation? Do you want to go swimming or run through the sprinkler? Do you just wanna slip and slide your way through summer? Are you into dining al fresco as much as you can? Are you planning on grilling out, having picnics or even some sort of bbq soiree? Will you try every frozen tasty treat you can to beat the heat? Will you just sit inside a giant slushee to keep yourself ? Finish a project? Start a project? Project that you may or may not start and or finish any project that you are projecting that you may or may not start or finish? Are you fired up for fireworks, outdoor shows, concerts and festivals? Parties in the park and or everywhere and anywhere the party might be?
    What do you have planned for this summer? What are the things from the to do list that are going top be your things to do? Are there some that are missing? Do you plan to procrastinate the whole summer over what to do since you have now been given numerous options? (oops, my bad. I know how tough decision making is for some. Please, take your time and dont rush yourself. You still have a couple weeks til the first day of summer on the calendar )
    Well, no matter what you choose to do or not do this summer I'd like you all to have a great summer, unless you're a jerk.

Here's to summertime!
    "The question isn't what are we going to do today, the question is what aren't we going to do today"-Ferris Buehler<p>T.T.Y.L. Greg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: In The Good Old Summertime

Can you feel it?!?!?!??!? The Parents are getting nervous. They know it's hours or in some cases just minutes away
    THE KIDS WILL BE OUT OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is no where to run!
    There is no where to hide!
    Don't try to fight it, just give in and enjoy the summer with them!
    "The question isn't what are we going to do today, the question is what aren't we going to do today"-Ferris Buehler<p>T.T.Y.L. Greg