Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The city is facing a $71mm cumulative deficit by '08, and some on council are calling for property tax increases.

I've already written my note, and so should you.

Cincinnati is already a high tax city in the highest tax county in one of the highest tax states. What do we get for our taxes? High crime, dilapidated housing, poor schools, declining population, and a city council that cares more about how we appear on the show "Cops" and what high school our police went to than issues pertinent to the survival of our city.

After the election, I saw Laketa Cole, Sam Malone, and Asshole Smitherman outright admit they will not allow managed competition because they favor race-based hiring. Ok...that's not how they put it, but it was quite clear they would not vote for managed competition because many of the areas most susceptible to positive change through managed competition have high levels of African American employment.

So what matters to these three is the color of one's skin, not the best city services for the money.

Until these attitudes change, we'll continue to be high tax, low growth, and high crime.

Who would want to move here? Call and write our city council NOW!

<font color="#000002"><font size="1">[ June 08, 2004 03:57 PM: Message edited by: reason ]</font></font>

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ June 09, 2004 07:17 AM: Message edited by: reason ]</font>

Emperor Napoleon

Who would want to move here?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Certainly not me! [img]cool.gif[/img]

I have to confess I always voted for school levies so my <s>asshole</s> dear father's property taxes would go up since he owns 5 houses in Cincinnati.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Sea Gull:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who would want to move here?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Certainly not me! [img]cool.gif[/img]

I have to confess I always voted for school levies so my <s>asshole</s> dear father's property taxes would go up since he owns 5 houses in Cincinnati.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So your <s>asshole</s> dear father is a slum lord, contributing to the city's problems. Maybe he owns the house next door to me.

Emperor Napoleon

Yes he is a slumlord and he owns 2 houses in Northside but as far as I know none on your street. One he <s>inherited</s> stole from his parents and another one he bought in 1979 for $9,000 From 1980-2001 got 4x that amount in rent from my aunt. Not long before she died he was complaining how little money he was making on it. He intentionally keeps his houses in a state of disrepair thinking it keeps his taxes lower. And because he's a fucking lunatic. (Sorry Sluggo)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes he is a slumlord and he owns 2 houses in Northside but as far as I know none on your street. One he <s>inherited</s> stole from his parents and another one he bought in 1979 for $9,000 From 1980-2001 got 4x that amount in rent from my aunt. Not long before she died he was complaining how little money he was making on it. He intentionally keeps his houses in a state of disrepair thinking it keeps his taxes lower. And because he's a fucking lunatic. (Sorry Sluggo)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Give me the addresses. I'll report him to inspections. Marge Halpin, our neighborhood inspector loves me. [img]wink.gif[/img]

City council, believe it or not, has been responsive regarding my next door neighbor. Rumor has it they're selling. I hope it's because of me.

Emperor Napoleon

Give me the addresses. I'll report him to inspections
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So long as he stays out of my life and doesn't say or do anything that requires punishing I'll leave him alone. Suffice it to say I have enough dirt on the dear old bastard if he ever crosses me again he'll wish he was never born. Considering the amount of bad Karma he has stored up he will have enough to deal with all by himself in the end...

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ June 09, 2004 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Sea Gull ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Give me the addresses. I'll report him to inspections
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So long as he stays out of my life and doesn't say or do anything that requires punishing I'll leave him alone. Suffice it to say I have enough dirt on the dear old bastard if he ever crosses me again he'll wish he was never born. Considering the amount of bad Karma he has stored up he will have enough to deal with all by himself in the end...

<font color="#000002"><font size="1">[ June 09, 2004 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Sea Gull ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahhh...a heartwarming tale of love between father and son. My eyes have welled up with tears.

You know, unless the properties are in someone else's name I can figure out where he owns properties. MOUHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!~

Emperor Napoleon

LOL. Now there's a discussion to have off-line. You know my email...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'm not sure of the exact demographic but there is a high exodus of people between the ages of 24-40 from Hamilton County. It's the highest in the state.

It doesn't take much to figure out why. High taxes, high crime, dumbasses on council, and the list goes on.

Were it not for my job (more specifically the benefits), D2 and I would emulate GL and get the fuck out of here. Sorry Sluggo

Emperor Napoleon

I read that Florida has the best economy of any state in the US right now. Unfortunately Ohio is part of the "rust belt" with all the industry that has closed and/or gone elsewhere. I have no desire or intention of ever living up there again...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast