Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think OH taxes are as bad as Wisconsin. We were shocked to find out what the property tax was on our house for one year. When we were in Ohio, we owned a house in the Amberley Village area, and taxes were considered high. This place puts that to shame - it's almost double what we used to pay.

However, we have great public schools, gubment that truly cares about their community and a general higher standard of living (if you can take the cold!).

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ June 10, 2004 10:59 AM: Message edited by: LAKE ]</font>

Emperor Napoleon

Originally posted by LAKE:
    When we were in Ohio, we owned a house in the Amberley Village area, and taxes were considered high.

<font color="#000002"><font size="1">[ June 10, 2004 10:59 AM: Message edited by: LAKE ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amberley Village?! I knew there was a snob lurking under that nicey nicey facade of yours! Humpfh! [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

I used to know the mayor of Amberley Village. She was a classmate of mine at UC. She was older and wanted to bring her educastion up to date in international affairs. She thought I was a little on the insane side and had made the remark (more than once) "Heaven help us if YOU ever get elected to public office!" Crazy old bat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think OH taxes are as bad as Wisconsin. We were shocked to find out what the property tax was on our house for one year. When we were in Ohio, we owned a house in the Amberley Village area, and taxes were considered high. This place puts that to shame - it's almost double what we used to pay.

However, we have great public schools, gubment that truly cares about their community and a general higher standard of living (if you can take the cold!).

<font color="#000002"><font size="1">[ June 10, 2004 10:59 AM: Message edited by: LAKE ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Wall Street Journal (my source for way too many things) recently ranked the tax burdens for residents of each state. Ohio was something like 6th. Can't remember where Wisconsin was in the mix.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think the fixer-upper we bought for less than 100K would put us in the snob category! I was surprised they let us Catholics in to the Jewish neighborhood. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GL and Reason are right. Check out this link.

Where does property tax figure in???

Emperor Napoleon

I don't think the fixer-upper we bought for less than 100K would put us in the snob category! I was surprised they let us Catholics in to the Jewish neighborhood. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just messing with ya Lake. Hey the cost of your home has nothing to do with being a snob. I live in a mobile home park and everyone at the pool considers me to be quite a snob. I have no idea why...

Emperor Napoleon

GL and Reason are right
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For the love of all that is good and decent do not EVER link our names together in any fashion ever again!!!!! I think I'm going to need counseling.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Sea Gull:
    I live in a mobile home park and everyone at the pool considers me to be quite a snob. I have no idea why...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it's that Antonio blow-up doll you carry around? They don't think you're a snob, dear.

[img]confused.gif[/img]

Emperor Napoleon

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sea Gull:
    I live in a mobile home park and everyone at the pool considers me to be quite a snob. I have no idea why...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it's that Antonio blow-up doll you carry around? They don't think you're a snob, dear.

[img]confused.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I gave that doll to Raven before I moved here. I understand he keeps busting it somehow...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Sea Gull:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">GL and Reason are right
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For the love of all that is good and decent do not EVER link our names together in any fashion ever again!!!!! I think I'm going to need counseling.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Like you didn't need counseling already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast