Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by gae:
    Serial posting to let GS know that his point was made. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">'bot glitch. Sorry.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by reason:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1)My question was vague. I should have been clearer. I don't know how many times I have to say it though before it gets through your thick head. I did not say "hey since you're gay you must be a pedophile also" If you would have read my whole post instead of portions of it you would have seen where I said all I was doing was asking a question that has been asked before. I'm not the minister in the article you quoted. Nowhere have I ever said here or anywhere else that gay marriage will lead to that kind of behavior. I only asked a question. Excuse the hell outta me for thinking that I might get an actual answer to my question. Instead what do I get: you avoiding the question and trying to turn yourself into a victim.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go find your post. I'd do it, but I don't know what thread it was on.

I'll pick it apart.

And thank for for your lack of reading skills with regards to my response. I never accused you of calling me a pedophile. I accused you of ignorantly connecting concepts unnecessarily in a discussion.

<font color="#000002"><font size="1">[ October 12, 2004 03:59 PM: Message edited by: reason ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You wanna pick my post apart, YOU go find it. I know what I said.

I'm not the one with the lack of reading skills Reason.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In August, I went to the opening of Cincinnati Mills during my lunch break. As I passed the children's play area a young woman standing next to me said she just saw a toddler run away unsupervised. I didn't see the toddler, but the young woman assured me this two year old went running away unattended.

I walked around the play area, and sure enough, over a hundred feet away running at full clip was the cutest little girl heading to who knows where.

Y'know, I actually found myself thinking twice. I found myself afraid to go fetch the little girl. I was afraid what might happen when seen chasing down a little girl who wasn't mine. I was afraid I might be accused of who knows what.

Out of habit, I limit my exposure to children, particularly ones around puberty. Kind of a self preservation thing. I would never do anything inappropriate, but I'd never want my friendly nature to be misinterpreted, either.

This all might sound nutty, but it's a reality of my life.

I guess that sounds like I'm portraying myself as a victim. I don't look at it that way; rather, I view it as a necessary evil and a part of life. I make adjustments. Always making adjustments.

I mean what I say here. While I do have a fault with a short temper, I make no apologies for being blunt.

Y'know, sometimes y'just feel like fighting back. So I do. I'm as fit to be around your kids as the best guy. Tell me otherwise, I'm going to kick your ass.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

another African American a "nigger" and thinking it's OK while screaming "racism" if a Caucasion did it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're kidding, right? You can't see the contextual difference between a black calling a black "nigger" and a white person calling a black "nigger."

Whew. That's pretty bad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Y'know, I actually found myself thinking twice. I found myself afraid to go fetch the little girl. I was afraid what might happen when seen chasing down a little girl who wasn't mine. I was afraid I might be accused of who knows what.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We all feel this way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In August, I went to the opening of Cincinnati Mills during my lunch break. As I passed the children's play area a young woman standing next to me said she just saw a toddler run away unsupervised. I didn't see the toddler, but the young woman assured me this two year old went running away unattended.

I walked around the play area, and sure enough, over a hundred feet away running at full clip was the cutest little girl heading to who knows where.

Out of habit, I limit my exposure to children, particularly ones around puberty. Kind of a self preservation thing. I would never do anything inappropriate, but I'd never want my friendly nature to be misinterpreted, either.

I guess that sounds like I'm portraying myself as a victim. I don't look at it that way; rather, I view it as a necessary evil and a part of life. I make adjustments. Always making adjustments.

I mean what I say here. While I do have a fault with a short temper, I make no apologies for being blunt.

Y'know, sometimes y'just feel like fighting back. So I do. I'm as fit to be around your kids as the best guy. Tell me otherwise, I'm going to kick your ass.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">do you honestly think because your gay it would make a difference. Not so
    Its because your a man.
    I am by my own admission a Fucking good father and take my kids everywhere, when my wife is at work we go swimming to the park everywhere and the stares I get are unbelievable. Its the Paranoid world we live in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Sean Pa:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by reason:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">do you honestly think because your gay it would make a difference. Not so
    Its because your a man.
    I am by my own admission a Fucking good father and take my kids everywhere, when my wife is at work we go swimming to the park everywhere and the stares I get are unbelievable. Its the Paranoid world we live in.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, since this was a little girl the gay perception thing didn't come into play. It was more my inbuilt reaction.

It really bothered me a lot that I just stood there and watched this little girl haul ass down the mall.

The neighbor's son across the street is about 13. He likes to talk to me sometimes, but I simply stay away. Probably unnecessary, but I stay away.

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ October 12, 2004 05:20 PM: Message edited by: reason ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always think to myself Well I know who the fuck I am and what im like stare all you like.
    Gotta rise above the paranoia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Gunslinger:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by reason:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nowhere did I see where he said gays should be banned from anything. He said that some jobs would be difficult for gays.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some jobs? Some jobs?

He said he didn't want his children exposed during their tender age.

Did you think teachers are the only ones who could potentially expose his children?

I'm not taking anything out of context. I'm taking what he said and carrying it to fruition. I'm telling you that once this shit starts, it justifies banning exposure to a host of other things.

If he doesn't want his kids being taught by a gay person (a concept I find thoroughly offensive - something some of you just don't get), we can extend that to god knows what else - coaching, counseling, ministry, etc. This isn't far fetched at all.

Sean thinks I'm taking things out of context. No. I'm taking what he says and telling him the ramifications.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are HIS children. If he doesn't want to deal with that at age 5 it is HIS RIGHT. You have no right to tell him that he HAS to expose his child to this when he does not want to.

If my three year old were to come home and tell me that little Janey had two mommies here is how the conversation would probably go:

L: Hey daddy, Janey told me she has two mommies.

GS: Really, sweetie, why did she tell you that?

L: She just did. Why does she have two mommies?

GS: Sweetie, I'm not sure why but taking care of kids by yourself is really hard and you need two adults around to do it sometimes.

at this point Lil would go off on to aggravate her sister.

When they are little Reason, you do not need to go in depth with them about preferences and orientations. All they need is a short and sweet answer.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I repeat what I said before. Sean has the right to raise his children however he pleases. I have no problem with that. Children should be taught in an age appropriate manner. On these things we agree.

Where I disagree with Sean is that he hints some professions may be inappropriate for a gay person, and perhaps a gay person should not teach junior high.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll tell you otherwise. I wouldn't have you around my children. You're too militant and too angry. You're the type that makes me lean away from any gay teachers. The type that is so arrogant that only they know the truth and the rest of us are just backwater hilljacks.

Sorry bub, you're the worst of the worst.