Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Hello, I am starting to make my own ghilliesuit and am wondering is jute better than burlap? Do I tie decided upon material to all 4 sides of the "square", if using a baseball style hat how big should my overlap be because of the brim or bill of the hat, Do I completely shred the burlap into strings or leave some of it squared for appearance and finely what dye (brand) do I use when RIT doesn't seam to make light green or a darker tan color base? I have tried to find an actual military FM for this but cannot seem to allocate one. any help would be appreciated as long as it is sincere. Also a question to any military trained snipers, do they let women into sniper school? My 13 yr old daughter is quite interested? Thanks for the time and cooperation of anyone who reads this and answers back.
    JD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Answering your question about female snipers.

I'm not quite sure in America, I think it would be the same, but in Australia women may not participate in any combat role, including soldiers, snipers, special forces and any other role that may directly engage an enemy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Answering all your other questions, its your decision whether to use jute or burlap, personally I used hessian (Burlap), yes you do tie the material to all four sides of the netting, and the overhang of the netting on your baseball cap; you want it to hang a fair bit, so it covers part of your face

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, and you completely string the burlap, but keep it clumped, dont tie each individual strand, grab a few and tie them on together

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you go to Rit's web site they have a color chart of the colors to mix to get a specific color you want. Example this isn't correct but its somethin like to get moss green you mix yellow and dark green together. They have like O.D. and stuff like that hope that helps. I have only made a one suit and it was jute.
    Happy hunting