Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hey i was wondering if i could get some help with dyeing the burlap, the colours aren't coming out the way i want them to, specifically the green. i followed the instructions on the rit package but the green is terrible, its a bluish greed, but its supposed to be a dark green, and i just cant get light green to work at all it comes out brownish. maybe someone could recommend specific rit or other dyes for light and dark green?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used rite dye which I got from walmart and it worked well for me. they had a dark green which i used . I got a yellow dye and blue dye and started with all the yellow dye and kept adding the blue a little at a time until I got the light almost olive green color. I first mixed the two colors in a plastic cup before I added it to the larger pot of hot water. Also, test the color with some strands of burlap so you don't ruin all you burlap. the dye looked more like a dark green but when you put a strand of burlap in it and let is soak for a minute or two you see the color it will be.
    I also use a dark brown dye and use the natural color of the burlap for a total of four colors.
    Last thing I might be able to pass along. Take some of your burlap and use it for multi color from the other colors. like a tie dye almost, dark brown in the middle, lite green on one end and dark green on the other.
    I read it helps the colors to blend better when you start to put the strands on the suit.
    good luck. Hope I helped

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks that sounds like a good plan, ill try that

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Re: Dye problems

how did your dye problem work out?
    Cm23

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Dye problems

I managed to get the colours i was looking for, though not as bright but thats ok ill just have to stick to shadows more haha, and work on my dye job for the next suit.