Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I see on here a fella had a question about burlap or jute and i had the same question. i can't find on this board the answer but maybe one of you could send me a message about the topic. i have heard and i think that burlap would start to smell and eventually come to pieces whereas the jute (i assume) i've heard being synthetic would not smell or mold or mildew. however, i have never seen or felt the stuff. please respond any comments. thank you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Burlap is made of jute, jute is a natural fiber, and given time and wear and it will eventualy fall appart, it will only rot/smell if you get it wet and dont hang it up to dry in the sun ASAP.
    also there are certain chemicals you can treat it with to prevent it from absorbing water to minamize mildew/mold growth, also some types of chemicals can be added as a preservative to minimize rot if it gets wet and stays wet, though i dont know the names of eather chemical, and its best not to mix the 2 to prevent unwanted side affects

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ December 15, 2008 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Kevin8888 ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 15, 2008 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Kevin8888 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: jute or burlap

Quote Originally Posted by sniperm700 View Post
    I see on here a fella had a question about burlap or jute and i had the same question. i can't find on this board the answer but maybe one of you could send me a message about the topic. i have heard and i think that burlap would start to smell and eventually come to pieces whereas the jute (i assume) i've heard being synthetic would not smell or mold or mildew. however, i have never seen or felt the stuff. please respond any comments. thank you.
    Jute is not synthetic and will also have an odor. Synthetic thread has no odor and is lighter than jute.

Here are great pages about jute vs synthetic.

http://www.ghilliesuitclothing.com/b...ghillie-suits/

http://www.ghilliesuitclothing.com/b...ghillie-suits/