By the end of this post i may look like a ghillie newbie most likely...but i would appreicare some help from you who are experianced with ghillie suits [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

first of all...i am an avid and experianced paintball player, and my intrest in this camoflauge is strictly for recreational paintball use. while there can be no true snipers in paintball, i have always adopted the hunting mentalilty and use visual cover as much as physical cover. i have wanted better camo than my basic hunters garb (with some natural brush thrown in where i can), but do not desire the bulk and weight of a true ghillie in paintball. i have drawn up designs for what i call the "tactical ghillie suit", which is basically a lighter, versitile partial ghillie which covers the sides and front of the legs (like cowboy chapps), the outside of the arms, the back and torso (based around a camelback backpack/water pouch), with a three foot ghillie hood instead of the ghillie material attached directly to the mask/helmet. the idea is that i can run and shoot without my movement being hindered or making more noise than usual, but i can get down and be mostly concealed by the ghillie when nessisary. i know i wont exactly get stepped on like i could in a true, full suit, but i wanted to know if you think this would be remotely useful.

also, i would like to know if using small strips of woodland camoflauge material for the ghillie would A: make the camo versatile and well mixed, or B: be counter productive and blur it's own outlines and hide its own shadows.

thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me