Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was thinking, that instead of using a boonie hat or baseball-style cap; one could make a hood to sew onto the BDU jacket. That way you can remove your head wear without having to remove it from your person. Also, it make it a lot less easy to lose. Just thought you'de like to know. I'm going to make a blog eventually to log all my ideas and stuff for suits, including some instructions for them. That may include a pattern for a hood to attach to the BDU jacket.

Peace All!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That should work, I bought a ghillie suit from Cabelas before I made my own suit, and that is how they did it. That is also the way I am making my new suit. It seemed to work really well with the pre-maid suit I own.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The hood idea will work ok if you don't plan on moving at all. The problem is if your using this at all you will be moving and if the hat/hood is attached then it will move a bunch of the suit causing target indicators. The easiest thing to see is something moving. The rest of the suit will also pull on the hood causing it to slump back off your head.

Just my 2'cents. I'm a regular on Snipers Paradise, stop on over for more info. The guys are more than helpful.

-BlueGhillie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wasn't it this site that showed how to make a detachable hood out of a PASGT helmet cover? Iirc the velcro loops were great for attaching to the jacket, and much more.