Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What king of knots are used to tie the burlap and jute string to the netting?

Inactive Member stealth7mission's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey im sry i dont have ur answer but i have asked this question a long time ago and no1 has answered it yet so i was wondering if u could tell me the colors of this burlap just copy and paste this link ok here it is

http://www.geocities.com/stalker217/ghillie/step9.htm

(go to the link and scroll down to the pants) then if u know plz tell me the colors that r used for the burlap thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really couldn't tell you the colors on that page. I'm personaly making desert colors which consist of natural burlap, tan(which really makes natural burlap turn brown), and dark green. On the dark green it didn't take long though, I just dunked it for like a seccond or two and thats all it took. I'm also using jute string with the same colors. I am still just sewing the netting on. Its been a couple of weeks since I started sewing, but its 1 and 3/4 netting which I got for dirt cheap at www.seamar.com, but I also been straying to go coyote hunting with the new 30-30.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think any knot will work, just do an over-under and pull it tight, is my guess. Like the first step in tieing a shoelace.

Inactive Member ghilliewoolybooger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you have a fabric store locale....you can actually buy full bolts of pre-dyed burlap. That just leaves you to cutting a undoing the burlap. I've actually spent the last two weeks just doing the sewing of my suit. I busted my right-wrist and have actually discovered my short-cast to be useful in pushing the sewing needle through the thick areas of fabric. I've been using netting with 1x1 inch squares and have sewed all the way along the jacket seams and on the pants too, which I'm currently working on. I was planning on posting some pics of what work I've done so far...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Jute Twine I find has 2 or 3 strands twisted together. Do you pull them apart into single strangs?

I've pullet like 700feet of 3-braid jute twine apart, and it looks kind of cool. I dyed some yellow, left some plain, and dyed some green. Then when I pull the dyed twine apart the colour fades in and out, very cool. Plus it's all wavy like I gave the string a perm.

Or is there an easier way to do this? 700 feet pulling apart 1.5 meters at a time, ugh I went through a lot of movies.