Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When Radar escapes does he come back of his own free will or do you really have to catch up with him? Lily is a flight risk; will not come back of her own volition. So I understand how big a pain in the butt that can be. The cell phone deal is kind of tricky... I would definitely wait and hope to hear from Ryan soon. Does he have his e-mail up and running? That's an idea.

Glo-- you mentioning the tiger stuff reminded me I don't think I shared all my finds with you gals. I made letters out of orange and black felt to say their class name, flight name, etc. The word TIGERS has tiger print on it. I also sent additional tiger print fabric (to cover the podium/cork board/whatever). I know I mentioned the tiger tails my grandma made. They are so cute! I also sent orange and black garland (Halloween colors really worked out well for us) to frame doorway/board/again whatever. I think that's it... Oh and a stuffed tiger that roars. Don't know if that will go over well with Nathan (a bit girly-- but so fun) and it was only 3 dollars. I had to get it.

I wish I had posted on the OTS site about Hostboard so the other women who didn't know about it could've joined us here for the meantime... Remind me to do that when it gets up and running again. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry. Double posted. I was too impatient and clicked twice. [img]redface.gif[/img] Like I don't have any free time or something...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also got some black and orange garland. I also found some orange indoor outdoor type Christmas lights. I found orange and black crepe paper, some palstic tigers and a stuffed tiger. I am also sending some playing cards, and a couple of B horror movies. Oh yeah I found a big poster of a fiercesome(SP?) looking tiger. I was going to send a boardgame or maybe bingo, but I don't know if they would want something like that. I will ask Gabe next time he calls. He said he thinks they are allowed to keep hard candy in the room so I sent some Jolly Ranchers. I also plan on sending butterscotch disks, cinnamon disks, and peppermints. I sent 21 full size assorted candy bars Hershey, Reeses, Kit Kat, Hershey w/ Almond and Smores. I sent 12 packs of Assorted Grandmas Homestyle Cookies for a total of 24 large cookies. I also sent individual packages of roasted salted peanuts. I plan on sending another box tomorrow with Nutty Buddy Bars, hard candies, little Debbie snack cakes assorted, and all the decorations I got.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The orange inside lights are a great find! I think they'll love that. And the treats are fantastic. Yum... I might have to go find some chocolate myself here in a minute.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 11, 2005 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Brandee ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, well I am going to go to bed but I am glad to hear you sent great treats. I didn't send chocolate becuase I know they aren't suppose to have anything with caffine in it. I wasn't sure if chocolate counted- No, wait... yes, I did send some candy bars. I wish I could find stuff with tigers, I'm not kidding, I couldn't find ANYTHING, not even a stuffed toy. I am going to send that F-15 print though. Another questioon I have is how do oyu think we should dress for the swearing in ceremony, buisness casual or a dress? GLo, are your children going to pin him or are you? I wish E was old enough to do it, that'd be great. I'm scared I might start crying or something. Although I didn't cry at our wedding, I was too worried about Ryan, the whole church was. But I wont embarhass him anymore. I did cry when he graduated from FIT, I was so proud of him and so nervous about what was coming next. He's so great. He always strives to go beyond his best. I miss his laugh. Ahhh, my mood jsut got a lot better. I can't wait to meet everyone, and their husbands if they are anything like mine, and I am sure they are. They are definately men to be proud of, great husbands, fathers, boyfriends, and just wonderful people period. I am so proud of all of them. You guys have a wonderful night and I hope you dream of the one you love [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh believe me I will cry, I try not to but I am one of those people who wears her heart on her sleeve. It is an emotional thing so I say a few tears are OK. I wouldn't be shocked if Gabe gets a little choked up. His dad retired a Major in the USAF. He was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma when Gabe was 5 and he finally gave up fighting the disease when Gabe was 12. Gabe always felt guilty that he enlisted instead of getting his degree and becoming an officer. Well that no longer matters. I am so excited for all of us. I will probably cry enough for everybody there. I need to get to bed too, I am tired tonight as I am every night but I am not going to worry about getting the dishes done before I go to bed. It's OK to give myself a break sometimes. Anyways, here is to the site getting fixed. Sweet Dreams

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello, I am at out friends house feeding teh dogs and hanging out in the garden. Ethan is playing, man he is all over the place and I didn't bring my camera. Anyway, I have been trying to get on the site and go figure, it must be down. I hope everyone is well... I need my OTS fix [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, Ethan woke up at 6 and went back to sleep after a bottle. It's funny when he wakes up and he doesn't want too. He keeps his eyes closed and wrinkles his forehead and does this complaining whine with his thumb in his mouth. For the past few days when he wakes up for the morning I have put him in bed with me and held onto him so I can get just a few more minutes. He will be very still and quiet when he knows you are sleeping, very polite, and when you open your eyes he is always looking right into them and he smiles very big. I use to think waking up at the same time Ry does and looking at eachother at the same time was the best- still is great- but there's nothing like Ethan smiling at you in the morning. It just starts my day off great. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Anyway, as of 0650, the site is still down. My phone died again last night so I have no way of knowing if Ry called. I am just going to have to get a new one. Ry will get over it or he will understand. I am going to check the mall today, maybe there is still an AT&T place there so all I would have to do is get a phone but I doubt it. Ry would assume I was sleeping so he wouldn't call the house- I don't think he would anyway. It will get worked out. Well, ladies I am going to do my chores and when Ethan wakes up I have to go feed the dogs and go by the library. I will talk to you later, I hope y'all have great days! [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, Ry e-mailed me, about sending out the DEERS forms, I guess I should get them this week? Anyhoo he has a quote it made me laugh and I thouhgt Iwould share:
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue. - Roger C Anderson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the quote, Melanie! I'm not sure which one I am today... It probably won't be hard to figure it out after a few hours of being awake. That's right. I slept in until 9:00. And it was wonderful! But now I'm bored. I guess it gives me time to do all those little things I've put off because I've been working daily.

Did anyone else get Sarah's e-mail about graduation? She said Devin told her it has been officially moved-- I like how she added that they reserve the right to move it. What a stinky thing for OTS to do. I think I'm a lucky one that I'm not buying a plane ticket, just driving. Are we going to move on the reserving of rooms? Maybe we should wait until we all get the go ahead from our men.

I can't wait to get info. about DEERS. That's going to make it seem very real to me. Whoo-hoo!