Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jeeperrr:
    Stormy I'm not sure I get your point. Has a Muslim tried to force you to follow his religion? Is a Muslim dictating to you what kind of birth control you can use, what gender your partner has to be, whether or not you can speak scientific truths?

These things are being done to us by Americans who are Christian fundamentalists, not Muslims.

How are Muslims trying to cram their religion down your throat? Just by their very existence? Because they don't want their country run by Americans?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you are muslim and become a Christian, they kill you for converting. And they want to spead this religon and have it be "the" religon of the world. They dictate what women should wear, they dictate what God you should worship, they dictate how and when you pray. If a woman gets raped, they can choose to put her to death because she is now soiled. I don't know about you, but I'd rather live with the Christian values we have here than live under their iron fist of Islam. Take your choice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stormy - Don't you think you are generalizing? Don't you believe that there are different sects of Muslims, like there are Christian sects? Why do you paint them all with the same brush?

It happens that Saddam Hussein was very much against radical Islamism, btw. His was one of the most secular governments in the Muslim world. I am in no way implying that he was not a monster, just saying that if your beef is with Muslim fundamentalists, Iraq was the wrong country to invade. Saddam tried to repress it - that is one of the reasons the U.S. supported him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think we should make a deal - if anybody tries to make you wear a veil, I promise I will fight for your right to refuse, and if anybody tries to keep me hanging from a ventilator and feeding tube after I've been dead for two years, you have to come and pull the plug. Okay?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Stormyskies:
    I don't know about you, but I'd rather live with the Christian values we have here than live under their iron fist of Islam. Take your choice.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I dont think I want either choice. I certainly dont want to live with Christian "values" or Muslim ones. Believe whatever you want, worship whoever you want, but keep it out of my life and out of our government.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 07, 2006 02:45 AM: Message edited by: maddercow ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12