Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was watching my 8 millionth campaign ad today. I keep thinking to myself... good lord I don't want the people who vote based on these ads to decide the law of the land.

I started thinking, what if we only allowed text in political ads. No frolicking children with clouds looming behind them, no winking bimbos asking for a call, no creepy monster music, no video and no pictures. Text only. It would change campaigns drastically.

If nothing else it would be safe to watch tv for the 6 months prior to an election cycle.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 28, 2006 03:47 PM: Message edited by: onelove ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would be bummed!

I lIKE the campaign ad season, I get a huge kick out of it. Good entertainment, altough mostly fiction!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oops double post

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 28, 2006 04:14 PM: Message edited by: senorina ]</font>

LoriLCF

I don't know if any of you are near New Jersey, but this guy Menendez has so saturated the airwaves that it is almost intolerable. My husband and I race each other for the mute button on the remote because we are so sick of his ads. I can't wait till the election is over!