Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm going out and don't have time to post my thoughts right no, but I would love to read what others think. I'll weigh in later.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How are the midterms shaping up in your next of the woods.

Our Senate race is a done deal more or less. Bernie Sanders had been in the house. He will move over to the Senate fairly easily.

His vacated seat is much more in play. Peter Welch the democrat is in a tough race against Martha Rainville. She was the leader of the National gaurd here. Vermont has had a lot of people deployed. She has been a strong leader here at home.

I think if Bush were more popular here she would win easily. As it is I'm not sure how it will go.

I'm not sure how the nation will go either. It's so hard to decide how much faith to put into polling.

LoriLCF

Hi all.

I think it's a little premature for Nancy Pelosi to be picking out the drapes for her new digs. The dems may be a little overconfident. A lot can happen even in a week, it's so close - scandal after scandal.

My favorite race - I've going to love watching Joe Lieberman win. Just gonna love how it plays out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by LoriLCF:
    Hi all.

I think it's a little premature for Nancy Pelosi to be picking out the drapes for her new digs. The dems may be a little overconfident. A lot can happen even in a week, it's so close - scandal after scandal.

My favorite race - I've going to love watching Joe Lieberman win. Just gonna love how it plays out.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. I don't really trust a lot of polling right now either. It is really hard to sort out who is doing legitimate work and who has an agenda to push.

Assuming Leiberman is elected with whom do you think he will caucus? Aside from the issues of the war on terror and the war in Iraq he is still a very liberal guy in the classic sense. On the other hand I imagine he and the Democrats both have a sense of betrayal over how things played out in CT.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 29, 2006 03:33 PM: Message edited by: onelove ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our big race is John Ensign (R) vs. Jack Carter (D). Ensign is the incumbent, but Carter is the son of Jimmy Carter, and his stance on the issues reflect America's growing dissatisfaction with the Congress, so Carter is well within the margin of error that Ensign is ahead. It's been an interesting race to watch.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Casey is looking to oust the incumbent Santorum in my neck of the woods. Personally, I don't like either one of them, but I'll be voting for Casey on Tuesday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Casey is looking to oust the incumbent Santorum in my neck of the woods. Personally, I don't like either one of them, but I'll be voting for Casey on Tuesday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Casey vs. Santorum is the big one in my area. It looks like Casey is leading the incumbent by an ever widening margin.

IMO they're both asses. But I'll be voting for the lesser of the two evils, Casey, on Tuesday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did I make myself clear? [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Multiple posts of same BS, sorry!