Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is Despicable (OJ Interview)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by maddercow:
    That's pretty funny.. Is an SP or secular progressive a pejorative term in his world?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well when I have some time later today I am going to his website to take the test and see if I am one.

I'll let you know.

I'll put some money on YOU being one though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK - I took the test!!!

here it is, its only 5 questions. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

http://www.billoreilly.com/quiz?acti...ity/cwtest.jsp

I lean towards being a warrier.

I wonder if I'm happy about that?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Based on the answers you gave...
    You are an S-P.

Woohoo...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fox TV cancelled the interview.

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a silly quiz! Considering the source, I'm not surprised.

1. Do you believe in "income redistribution"--that is, the government taxing affluent Americans at a higher proportional rate in order to fund entitlements to the less well off?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and [Luke 12:33; 16:9; Acts 2:45; 4:34] sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have [Matt 6:20] treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Since when did caring for the poor become the exclusive concern of non-Christians?

2. Do you believe the definition of marriage should include homosexuals?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are Christian ministers who perform "marriage" ceremonies for homosexuals. There is still great debate on this in the religious community. So, agreeing that homosexuals should be allowed to marry is hardly a purely secular position.

3. Do you think suspected terrorists captured overseas are entitled to Geneva Convention protections-that is, the same rights that military people are afforded?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't know that torture was supposed to be a Christian value either.

4. Do you believe that the USA, in general, is harmful to the world?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What tripe! The USA, in general, is not harmful to the world yet many of our current policies are. So I really couldn't answer this question at all. To answer either way means that either the USA has always been and always will be harmful to the rest of the world or that we have never been such. No in-between. No thinking person can answer simply yes or no unless they have absolutely no knowledge of history or current events. Throughout history, we have had a mix of both. Sometimes the scale is weighted more toward one side and sometimes more towards the other but this is not, and could never be, a black-and-white issue.

5. Are you against states legally mandating that parents be informed when their underage daughters have abortions?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have such mixed feelings on this issue, and definitely see both sides of the argument, that it was impossible for me to answer. In order to protect those girls who live in abusive families and may suffer horrible wrath for being sexually active, not to mention for getting pregnant, or who live with parents who would never allow an abortion even if that was the girl's choice, or who would force her to have an abortion even if she would choose to keep the child...well, too many variables. If I had to vote, I would probably vote on allowing them confidentiality. However, I hardly think this is a Christian vs. Secular issue either as I'm definitely a Christian.

OK....I know I'm on a rant here but I hate these simplistic, either-or types of quizzes based on delusional and misguided statements with little basis in fact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12