Thread: What does Diverticulitis feel like?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

What does Diverticulitis feel like?

I have slight discomfort/pain on the lower sides of my stomach like right above my hips. Sometimes burning pain & also loose stools everyday for months now.

I had a ultrasound that came back normal from my doctor then she referred me to a GI doctor he didn’t seem concerned at all, all he did was order a h.pylori test which came back normal. I made another appointment with the GI because I still have these issues but the appointment isn’t until 2 weeks. Should I Just go to the hospital & get a CT scan in the meantime? Does this sound like Diverticulitis ?? What was your experience with diverticulitis, how long do your flare ups last?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: What does Diverticulitis feel like?

I had fever and chills with my bout. I convinced myself the pain was just gas but then I started walking hunched over and that convinced my family to force me to the ER. I’m in the US, so that ER visit took hours and even with insurance, it cost us a couple of thousand dollars. It was the right call because I had a good case of transverse diverticulitis but unless I was certain that I was desperately unwell, I probably would wait for an appointment. Also, you would be exposed to a bunch of nasty germs while waiting for the CT. All of that said, you know your body best. I hope you feel better soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unless View Post
    I had fever and chills with my bout. I convinced myself the pain was just gas but then I started walking hunched over and that convinced my family to force me to the ER. I’m in the US, so that ER visit took hours and even with insurance, it cost us a couple of thousand dollars. It was the right call because I had a good case of transverse diverticulitis but unless I was certain that I was desperately unwell, I probably would wait for an appointment. Also, you would be exposed to a bunch of nasty germs while waiting for the CT. All of that said, you know your body best. I hope you feel better soon.
    My pain doesn’t seem as bad as your describing & I also don’t have a fever. just very annoying & uncomfortable pain. That is true I rather not go to the ER with covid going on right now unless I really have to. Thank you for the advice!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Hi. In fact, each person may feel differently about the pain that causes inflammation of diverticulitis. Some people describe these pains as if they were stabbed right in the stomach. As you can see, this is all quite subjective, but still the most common symptom of diverticulitis is a sharp cramp-like pain, usually on the left side of your lower abdomen. Other symptoms can include fever and chills, nausea, vomiting, and constipation or diarrhea.
    If you want to know more about what this inflammation pain can be like, you should read this article about diverticulitis.
    If you've never experienced this disease before, you'll learn about all of its symptoms and more, and well, if you're not lucky enough to get diverticulitis, you'll know what you should do to get rid of it.