Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe him. I misspeak all the time. And he talks in public a lot, so there's bound to be things that don't come out right.

Kerry has always consistently supported the troops.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by space4dtime:
    I believe him. I misspeak all the time. And he talks in public a lot, so there's bound to be things that don't come out right.

Kerry has always consistently supported the troops.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">if he mis-spoke, why is he refusing to apologize?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think he did, on Imus this morning. He said he was sorry that he misspoke. (At least that's what I read. I didn't see the transcript to know for sure.)

But I guess the GOP has already made a commercial blasting Kerry for saying the troops in Iraq are stupid, so I guess it doesn't matter whether he misspoke or not.

Now the reality is going to be written by whoever squawks the loudest.

Inactive Member Maureen in Italy's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's funny, on his website Drudge put the headline "I apologize To No One." under a picture of Kerry. The full quote was actually "I apologize to no one for my criticism of the President and his broken policy."

Not exactly the same meaning.

Kerry should go on every show that will have him and apologize, and then point out why Bush should be apologizing to the troops. As others have said, Kerry has always supported the troops and this whole thing is just a way to get some bad press for the Democrats.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He apologized. Good for him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by senorina:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hidanielle:
    I saw what he said on TV but I also read what he ment to say. I think he made a mistake, they happen. I think it is crazy that people are blowing it up trying to make it more then what it is.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">do you think he should apologize for the mistake?

I don't know why, but when I first heard the line, my jaw dropped to the floor. I felt very insulted for the people in the military. I just couldn't believe he said it.

Also - do you believe what he's saying that he was talking about the president and not the military?
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think he was talking about the military. I think he just misspoke. DH is in the military but I also believe that accidents happen. I read what he was supposed to say, then I saw the video again, you could tell he was stumbling on his words. I think there are bigger issues out there then what Kerry said.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[/QUOTE]I don't think he was talking about the military. I think he just misspoke. DH is in the military but I also believe that accidents happen. I read what he was supposed to say, then I saw the video again, you could tell he was stumbling on his words. I think there are bigger issues out there then what Kerry said.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Can you please tell me what the joke was supposed to be? I have only read him say that it was a botched joke aimed at the president - but what was the joke supposed to be? I mean, he read it from a script, so it couldn't be THAT far off. And the president and his people went to college and got educations, so what did he "mean" to say?

His apology. lame.

some people make it impossible for me to like them He apologozed that his words were mis-interpreted - not mis-said! Then he started bashing other people, which takes away any sincerity from the apology!

I very rarely "like" politicians. I am an apologist for no one. But if this man had come out, said I take responcibilty for this mistake in MY speaking, it didn't come out the way I meant it to which was (...), and I'm sorry....PERIOD. I promise you I would have given him credit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kerry's office said the senator had misread his prepared remarks. They said he had intended to say, "Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush."

From John Kerrys website:
    Statement of Senator John Kerry

As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don?t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by hidanielle:
    Kerry's office said the senator had misread his prepared remarks. They said he had intended to say, "Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush."

From John Kerrys website:
    Statement of Senator John Kerry

As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don?t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">wow. pretty damn botched!

I sure wish he said he regrets that he said the wrong words, not that the words he said were misinterpreted. At least he came to his senses and made some kind of apology. Even the leaders in his own party were blasting him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just where does he get off implying that President Bush didn't study, isn't smart and is intellectually lazy? You know what, I don't buy Kerry's apology for one minute. Kerry doesn't know how to make a joke, so this was no joke. He meant what he said because he doesn't like the military. And frankly, all I ever hear come out of his mouth is hatred. So if Kerry is so superior to President Bush, how on earth did such an intellect like himself make such a huge mistake? Bull! Kerry's true colors were shown!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast