Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: This woman could become Speaker of the House?

LoriLCF

The thought that this woman might actually become the Speaker of the House is beyond belief. She has no concept of what the War on Terror is actually all about. On 60 Minutes she said that Iraq (and presumably the rest of the world) is not part of the War on Terror, that it is only in Afghanistan. Further, she says that any terrorists in Iraq are only there because we are...and that we should simply get out to solve the problem. Whaaa? :cringe:
    -------------------------------------------------
    U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) nationally televised statement on last Sunday's "60 Minutes" that, "If the president wants to say the war in Iraq is part of the war on terror, he's not right... The war on terror is the war in Afghanistan. (source)

Rep. Nancy Pelosi of California told a "60 Minutes" audience that we should simply withdraw from Iraq. When Leslie Stahl asked about the terrorists in Iraq, Mrs. Pelosi acknowledged their presence, but dismissed it, saying, "But that doesn't mean we stay there. They'll stay there as long as we're there. They're there because we're there." (source)

Does anyone think she knows what she is talking about? Does anyone support her for this positision? This is what you get (what WE get) if the Democrats take the House. Gah!

LoriLCF

In response to her outrageous comments on 60 Minutes, the NY Post yesterday printed the following map that shows actual terrorist acts all over the world (um...not just in Afghanistan) [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] :

po027hq1

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm rejoicing at the thought of Nancy Pelosi becoming Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Her first 100 hour plan to get the House back to a functioning body is quite exciting. Also, she is quite accurate in saying that our government has been ignoring the true problem - which is what is going on in Afghanistan.

Quite simply, the so-called "War on Terror" is a bunch of lies that your government has told so that its people live in fear.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 06, 2006 07:58 AM: Message edited by: maddercow ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by maddercow:

Quite simply, the so-called "War on Terror" is a bunch of lies that your government has told so that its people live in fear.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">right. there is no terrorist threat. michael moore said so.

LoriLCF

Originally posted by maddercow:
    the so-called "War on Terror" is a bunch of lies that your government has told so that its people live in fear.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you saying that the terrorist strikes shown in that map are fabrications?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe it's because I don't have my glasses on, but for me that map doesn't show terrorist attacks in neither Afganistan nor Iraq.

LoriLCF

Originally posted by taragunner:
    Maybe it's because I don't have my glasses on, but for me that map doesn't show terrorist attacks in neither Afganistan nor Iraq.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just went back to yesterday's Post and they say, "The map shows a selection of the major, memorable terrorist attacks world-wide since Jan 1, 2002, as well as indicating nations which the Rand Corp. Terrorism database lists as hosting significant al Qaeda presence. (Just a selection, of course - a map of attacks in Israel or Iraq could fill a whole page)".

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ November 06, 2006 10:21 AM: Message edited by: LoriLCF ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 06, 2006 10:21 AM: Message edited by: LoriLCF ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right now we have Denny Hastert as speaker. Among other things he advocates school prayer. In fact he is in favor of withholding federal funding to schools that don't permit it.

He is strongly anti choice.

He voted for making the Patriot Act permanent.

He is pro flag burning amendment. (Something I find antithical to free speech. Not to mention it is really a non issue that sucks up time and air waves. When was the last time you chanced upon a flag burning.)

He is in favor a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT banning gay marriage. Even if you don't agree with gay marriage a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT should be reserved for the big stuff.

The list goes on and on.

This is not a one issue election.

http://www.issues2000.org/IL/Denny_Hastert.htm

In regard to Iraq being a part of the war on terror. It may indeed be so now. However, IMHO, putting us there has made us more at risk rather than less. In order for it to work at all we have to win. (Whatever winning is being defined as today.)

Is now a good time for withdrawl. No. Is there ever going to be a good time. Most likely not. The bottom line is once we leave there is going to be a blood bath for the Sunnis in the country. The Kurds are going to work on their own thing. And we will be lucky if the Shia don't hook up with Iran.

Does anyone really think that another 5 years will stop that? 10? What are people willing to commit to? What is the goal? I don't hear anyone on the pro war side telling me that.

I think Hastert has been onboard with this misguided war from the beginning. I don't think that speaks in his favor.

LoriLCF

sorry double post. Can we delete our posts here?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 06, 2006 03:04 PM: Message edited by: LoriLCF ]</font>

LoriLCF

My point is that it is staggering to think that an individual who potentially could take over leadership of the House of Representatives in a time when our country is at war is so naive that she doesn not even recognize the extent of the war.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast