Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This woman could become Speaker of the House?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jeeperrr:
    Oh, sorry, I thought we were supposed to be making things better for them, not just be the new Saddam.

If we're so great, why do they want us out?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know where you get the fact that most of them want us out. I would say its more likely that most of them are begging us not to leave.

Of course they are extremely frustrated, as we are, that it is so difficult, but they are terrified that we will leave and have another Killing Fields scenario.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From a poll that was conducted in Iraq during the last six months. I will have to do some Googling to find it again.

Here is a link to a story about an older poll:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/i...ll-cover_x.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a story about the more recent one, which was conducted in the first week of September, 2006.

It seems that 71% want us out in 6-12 mos., and only 9% favor reducing U.S. forces "as the security situation improves in Iraq."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/27/iraq.poll/

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 06, 2006 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Jeeperrr ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, sorry, I thought we were supposed to be making things better for them, not just be the new Saddam.

If we're so great, why do they want us out?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, this is just unbelieveable! Our military guys are NOT the new Saddam and what a terrible thing to even imply to the very guys that are over there! That is so disrespectful! And I'm not even going to respond to someone who is so belittling to our soldiers. When they come home, be sure to tell them this. No, better yet, when they do come home, you ought to stay home because they don't need people like you welcoming them home. You ought to be ashamed to speak of our military this way. And don't turn it around and say, Oh it was Bush who put them there. I think Kerry insulted the military enough for all of you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stormy, you are the one who is saying that what we are doing is okay, because we are no worse than Saddam.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think that WE (our soldiers) are the new Sadaam. However, it sure looks like we cleared the way for people who are just as bad to take power. The reports of death squads and torture coming out of Iraq are consistent and common. Torture is torture no matter who performs it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Onelove - I don't think we are either, but we are not as good as we could be.

It's not good enough for me to say it's okay for us to kill 100,000 civilians, because Saddam killed 200,000 (not actual number, folks, just used for illustration). It's not okay to me that torture a few people because Saddam tortured more. It's not okay to say that we are going to go in there to help people and leave them without power, destroy their homes,kill their children, etc.

If I see somebody trying to make this seem okay, by saying, well we may be bad but it's okay because we're not quite as bad as Saddam, I am going to speak about it. And no amount of flag-waving is going to make it okay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a story about the more recent one, which was conducted in the first week of September, 2006.

It seems that 71% want us out in 6-12 mos., and only 9% favor reducing U.S. forces "as the security situation improves in Iraq."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/27/iraq.poll/

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ November 06, 2006 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Jeeperrr ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">so its quite misleading to say that most of them want us out.

WE would like to be out in 6 -12 months!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by senorina:

so its quite misleading to say that most of them want us out.

WE would like to be out in 6 -12 months!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm confused. The article said the Iraqis want the US out. Or that's what I read.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And no amount of flag-waving is going to make it okay.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Absolutely.

"There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people." -Howard Zinn

NOT EVEN OURS.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast