Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Borishnakov V:
    Wow. I haven't the faintest idea what you were trying to say when it censored you, but whatever it was... sure, sounds like a good idea.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it actually censored that? rofl!!

all i typed was do-ing as one word.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After some discussion with a few others in the region, there may be a bill or two more coming soon. I will determine the docket once things get rolling. It sounds like some type of election reform bill is in the work from Apocalyptic Aftermaths, our MoD, but exactly what that is, I have no idea. While it may take a few more days to get a bill prepped for senate floor, I hope we will be able to get at least 2-3 more pieces of legislation on the floor before the end of the current session.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good. ASR 6 will be done on Sunday morning. Voting is currently at 3-0. After, that, we can see where that puts us, and you can decide what to put in next.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have any of you actually read Max Barry's Jennifer Government. I just got the book on Thursday, started it Friday, and I finished it tonight (Yeah, I can be a fast reader). It's rather interesting, and I'd reccomend reading it. They don't have a cheaper version of it, like the "standard" $6.99 paperback or anything. The copy I got was $13.00 after using a gift card to cover the shipping cost. Anyway, it's a good paced read and lasts a decent amount of time (320 pages or so). If you haven't read it, I strongly reccomend it. I think the library around here has a copy, for those of you that live by me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read it, and I really didn't like it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Given that we only have about two weeks left until the end of my delegacy, I think that we are going to have to start winding things down in the senate. I would say that the 2nd Senate Session should come to an end on Sunday or Monday, depending on what Borishnakov thinks. This would give us time to vote on AA's bill that he was going to draft. The rest can wait until next term and be reintroduced.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 18, 2006 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Libre Arbitre ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, Bor, I'm sorry you didn't like it. I thought it was interesting looking at what messages we are sending todays youth (such as when Hack was with Claire (Is that her name? Violet's sister) when they "hit Niketown"). We really are desensitizing today's youth that way. Also, it's kind of odd seeing all the "free trade" barriers that we try to remove and what could, in a severely extreme sense, be. The NRA also seems like it could really get to where it is in the book, that is, if the proper steps are taken. You'd be surprised how many resources they utilize trying to get funding, increase membership, and spread their message against gun control. I can speak from personal experience. I've been on the receiving end of some of it. It's quite scary.

If that book didn't appeal to you, perhaps Harry Turtledove's "In the Presence of Mine Enemies" would. It's a bit slow to take off, but the end has a rather unique plot twist to it. If not incredibly unique, it was at least a bit surprising in some regards. Overall, though, I'd say it's a pretty good read and worth the price. The copy I have is one of those mass-market paperbacks (the cheap, $6.99 or $7.99 types). It's just over 500 pages, so the extra dollar isn't wasted. You get extra length, and it's not just filled with fluff in order to get that extra money. It's actually a good book.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess I should post something just to let ppl know that I am here lol. Sorry if it seems that I am not that active, I am just mainly late nights.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meow!! Hi kit!

*pets kit*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just wanted to pop in and say hello, and I'm hoping to get involved here.