Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reading Kelwarr's idea for a docket, I can agree on all except point 5. While I understand this is unofficial and a long way away, I would note that the issue of Senate reconfiguration is going to be contensious. Because of this, I think it best to get a vote on the bill that I will author removing the UN restriction from the Central Government first. Also, I will need time to review the bill, offer amendments to it, and seek the opinions of others. Therefore, I don't think we should schedual it at this time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you there, Libre.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just gave him the tentative bill. It's not entirely done, and I doubt many people will be happy with it. Honestly, the whole senate thing should be thrown out and redone. But, for a start, I just have a bill that builds upon what we already have. If the region held more interest, we could build a commitee in charge of rectifying the problem. The bigger problem is, though, that we don't have the interest to do so. I'm also placing the odds that this version of the bill will be defeated. AP will probably shred it, but that's to be expected. Eventually, we could perhaps try one of these commitees.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To be honest, I don't know why we shouldn't just do that right now. You said you gave a draft to Borishnakov. When he reads it, he can share his comments, and some preliminary changes can be made. However, I don't see how much is going to get done that way since AP and Naleren are the primary people pushing for the bill in the first place. I say, make a committe now. Let's put Borishnakov, Naleren, and AP on it, with you being the chair. Since the selection is diverse, all ideas can be expressed. Once a majority of the committe can agree, you can pass it on for a full senate vote. If AP and Naleren don't participate, they have no one to blame but themselves when senate reform doesn't happen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I see the wisdom in forming a commitee, but I don't know how much will get done. I've already talked to Naleren and sent the issue on to him, but I have not had a response for several days. I'm guessing he's "confused" again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think we should rule out the possibility of AP or Naleren going along with useful legislation. I just got word from AP that he actually likes the immigration bill.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Getting AP to approve something is half, if not three-quarters, of the battle. That's quite a feat. Perhaps things will go more smoothly than I had anticipated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kelwarr:
    I see the wisdom in forming a commitee, but I don't know how much will get done. I've already talked to Naleren and sent the issue on to him, but I have not had a response for several days. I'm guessing he's "confused" again.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">he?s been slightly inactive in the arena as well bor...I can try to explain it to him when i return on Monday if you want me to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That might be a good idea, God. While his opinions may be vastly different from most of ours, AP seems like he genuinely wants to get things done. Naleren, on the other hand, seems like he just wants to cause trouble. For that reason, in order to pass out of commitee, any bill would only need three of the four votes. Having spoken to Kelwarr, several other names were suggested, namely XMassacrexx and Atlantis Legend. However, neither of them have expressed interest in the issue and are generally inactive. I'm going to post a general outline of this on the message board today, and ask interested parties to contact me of Kelwarr soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A "non-confused" Naleren tends to be a Naleren easier to deal with.