Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is where the Minister of Internal Affairs (MIA) sits. It is here that they also post their weekly report on the state of the region as well as any information vital to the internal politics of the region.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 06, 2006 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Kelwarr ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I guess I might as well begin my weekly report on the region today. In recent days, the region has seen the comming of several new nations that have been unaffiliated with the Indian ocean. My official position on this is that it is a very good development as it gives us diversity and an influx of new ideas. I encourage these nations to participate in regional politics and voice their opinions. Today, several nations passed through from the World as the result of some internal trouble in that location. I have made it a point of researching their backgrounds, but that seems pointless now that they have left. God007, our delegate, is now up to 7 endorsements, which is significant, and hopefully our influence in the UN will continue to grow. There are a number of interesting developments in foreign affairs, but I leave that to said minister. That concludes my weekly report on the state of the region, tune in next week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

The time has come for my weekly analysis of the internal happenings of the region. First off, I welcome all new members of the region and hope you enjoy it here. Members of The World appear to be continuing to flow through due to the uprising in that region, and this continues to be a safe haven for them. Also, welcome to Roanoke Island and Your Moms Colon who arrived recently. Secondly, as one of the archetects of the regional constitution, I am going to propose that we table that issue for now so that we can concentrate on regional elections. That said, I am looking forward to elections starting around the turn of the month. I'm not quite sure who is running yet, but hopefully that will soon become clear. Again, any UN nation may run, as long as they have one other nation that will support them. I will have additional election updates. Finally, as the region begins to expand, we are getting more and more nations in the UN. This is great because it means that our region can have influence in the UN. However, all UN nations have not yet endorsed our acting delegate, God007. I would encourage them to do this at this time. With that, I will return next week, although I should be inactive from Monday-Friday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

There will be no Internal Affairs Report issued this week because I was gone for most of the time. I will return next week, however, with a special extended election section.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

This has been a very busy week within the Aegean Sea. First off, elections were held, beginning on Monday and concluding on Saturday. I all, 19 nations voted out of 25 total nations in the region at this point. This turnout is great and is testimate to the growing trend of democracy within the region. I hope that it will continue. After the conclusion of regular voting, there was a tie and a runoff was needed. The final results were: Drago Isles- 10 votes, DasEspionage- 9 votes. Thus, Drago Isles will become our new delegate. I congradulate all persons who ran in the elections, and I am sure that Drago Isles will be a fantastic delegate. I ask all nations that are in the UN to endorse our new delegate as soon as possible to ensure that he has maximum UN influence. Elections will be held again 2 months from the date that Drago Isles takes office.

Secondly, God007 has left us for the month of March, so all nations should be aware that he will be inactive for that time.

Third, some clarification is needed regarding regional policy towards the Indian Ocean and the situation with the refugees that is going on there. Commenting strictly from an Internal Afairs viewpoint, I wish to welcome any and all refugees from the Indian Ocean that wish to join the Aegean Sea. I hope you enjoy it here. Feel free to participate in local politics. I do not feel that there are any security concerns that we need to worry about with the situation in the Indian Ocean. I do not believe that any refugee poses a threat. This comes from testimony from many sources that I have heard in the past few days. Should anything more develop, I will inform the regional government. I will also post supplemental updates to this in the comming days to keep people informed. Thank You.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My computer has been behaving stupidly, so I haven't had a chance to log on to the forum to post my weekly column for last week until today. I appologise for the delay. Anyway, Drago Isles has now been officially installed as our new delegate, and has 10 endorsements at this point. However, there are still nations that have not endorsed him. Please do this immediately if you are in the UN. We need a strong delegate at this time. Also, feel free to direct any concerns that you may have to him.

Next, I would like to make note that ejectees from the Indian Ocean have been arriving and departing the region as of late. The regional position on this issue remains as follows: We are open to all refugees fleeing persecution or other actions from all regions. Fruthermore, as Minister of Internal Affairs, I will never authorize password protection of this region at any time for any reason. We cannot hide from our problems like the Indian Ocean has done. We need to continue to have open borders. A pact has recently been signed with the Indian ocean, and I declare that all spies should leave the region immediately as part of the agreement. If you do not, you will be ejected once found out.

Finally, I will adress concerns regarding the constitution. First off, the documents proposed so far by Kilotisian Isles and others are a good starting point, but they are not yet law. Creating a constitution needs to be the primary focus of the region at this point. We cannot sign any formal treaties with other nations until this is done.

Thank you, and I will see you next week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The regional constitution is now comming together. Kilotisian Isles has suggested that we put it to a vote early this week, so if any more nations wish to have input on the drafting of the document, they should do so as soon as possible by making a post on the forum or regional message board. Also, I encourage all nations in the region to not only vote, but to read the document carefully before they vote. This is going to be the basis of our regional government in the future, and is thus very important. Since it mostly governs internal affairs, and that is my department, I am making an executive declaration that the regional constitution will take effect 3 days after ratified by the region as a whole by a majority vote. At that time, the central government will come into being. When the constitution is ratified, all regional laws will be submited and passed through the regional congress. This is how we will make regional policy laws. I hope everyone participates in the upcomming vote, and we can soon have a functioning constitution.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This has been an interesting week within the region. The original draft of the constitution was put to a vote on Monday, schedualed to end Friday. However, it recieved widespread critisism, and the vote was ended on Wednessaday. Since then, there has been much debate regarding the formation of the constutional document. This is good, and I encourage all nations in the region to take part in this. Proposals have so far been put forth by myself, Drago Isles, Kilotisian Isles, Das Espionage, and Crwland. Currently, we are debating these various ideas. Hopefully, we can get annother document formed sometime this week. While I don't think that it's wise to rush a vote on this, I do think that it should take prescedence over other issues. I must stress that constructive comments are welcome on this issue, but simple critique or fillibustering without a valid opinion is not acceptable. Fruthermore, nations sent here from other reigons to disrupt the process will not be tolerated either. This is an internal matter. I advise all other regions to stay out of the region for the time being so that we can resolve this internal matter as efficiently as possible. Thank you, and I will return next week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This past week has been a very sucessful period for the region. We continued to discuss ideas for the new constitution, and Aegean Paradise put together new version that contained many of the compromises. On Monday, this document was voted on, and the voting ended yesterday. Preliminary reports have the voting being 6-1, however, Drago Isles will need to confirm this. If this is indeed the case, we have finally agreed on a constitution and it will come into effect next week. This is a big step. This document is going to be the basis of our government. However, we need to continue to work on developing policy. Hopefully, we will get a regional senate up and running before too long and will be able to expand on the constitution that way.

Also, there have been a number of nations who have joined the region in the past week. Welcome. Feel free to participate in local discussion, and I encourage all to register for the forum so that we can expand this great facility and concentrate more of our discussion here. Finally, a reminder to all UN nations who have not yet done so to endorse the delegate, Drago Isles. We currently have 22 UN nations in the region, but Drago only has 11 endorsements. 50% is not good. When the constitution comes into effect, we will need at least 2/3. Therefore, I encourage everyone to endorse him. Not only does this increase the votes that we have in the UN, but it also provides us with some regional security from invaders.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There have been many recent developments within the region. First off, our delegate, Drago Isles, has come under scrutiny from several nations within the region on the grounds that he has violated the constitution by having multiple nations in the regional government. I said that I would investigate the situation, and my decision is that I think that he should stand trial because there is a significant reason to believe him to be in violation. However, he has volunteered to step down as delegate. I will accept this in place of the trial, and a replacement shall be soon appointed. However, I do not believe that he has the authority to select his sucessor. According to regional law, the Vice-President should take over. However, DasEspionage is unable to do this because he is no longer in the UN. Here a major problem arises. Our constitution has no set order of sucession. I propose that we take the time right now to vote on one and select the new delegate that way. This way, the new delegate will be legitimate, and the problem will be solved for the future. Secondly, many nations within our region have been ejected from the UN recently for rule violation. This is very sad news. If the moderators are correct in their actions, it is very disappointing to know that several nations here have broken the rules. I would like each member of government who has been ejected to the UN to report to me regarding the situation. If this does not happen, they will loose their position. Thank you for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast