Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This week has seen the beggining of the end of our period of termoil. Borishnakov V is going to be our new delegate, taking over from Drago Isles, and should take office tonight. I hope that the new cabinent can be in place by the end of the weekend. This will mark the establishment of a new government and the end of that part of our troubles. However, we need to continue to have many nations involved in the political process here, even during stable periods. Also, there have been a number of immigrant nations to the region as of late. I offer each a special welcome. We are looking for good young nations to take an active role in the govrnment as we transition from the "old guard" to the "new guard". To that end, I have a bit of sad news to announce. Talking with Kilotisian Isles today, I was left to understand that he is going perminantly inactive and that his nation will be dying off soon. He has been a great contributor to the region, and will be memorialized in the future. That means that we need new forum admins. We are currently going through the necessary process. In addition, many of you may have noticed Drago Isles' post on the board stating that after he is out of the delegacy, he is going to take a diminished role in the region. Therefore, we need people to step up and fill the void. Finally, I will end my report with a call for all nations to endorse Borishnakov V and state that I hope we continue to grow as a region.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Borishnakov V has now taken over the duties of regional delegate. At this time, he is up to six endorsements. However, it is each nation's responsibility to endorse him and may have not. This needs to be done, as it is a matter of regional security. This week, the new delegate also made several changes within the ministries, most notably by making God007 the Vice-President. We still plan to go ahead with the schedualed elections, and candidate registration will open on Monday. Anyone who wishes to run must submit their name to me at some point next week as well as get the support of one other UN nation to make their candidacy official. I think that I am going to be the moderator, but am not sure at this point. Regardless, elections should begin the week after next. Now that I have been made one of the moderators of this forum, I feel it is my duty to encourage its use. We have a great facility here, and I encourage everyone to create an account and post on the board. This concludes my weekly report, but I will be posting supplemental updates throughout the week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If possible, could whoever is in charge of internal affairs update me on what is going on in the region apart from the election?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suppose that it's time for my weekly Internal Affairs Update. In response to your question, Kelwarr, I will update you shortly. Otherwise, elections are approaching. The deadline for candidate registration is midnight tonight. So far, it looks like the race for president and vice-president are both between three candidates. Elecions will begin tomorrow, and good luck to all. Secondly, I would like to note to all nations that might not know that a regional quorum was taken yesterday and it was discovered that there were 24 nations in the region. Therefore, as the constitution states, there will be no standing senate of elected officials this term, and instead it will be composed of all members of the central government. We need to begin passing legislation right away. There are issues that we need to adress, both internal and external. I plan to post several bills tonight and hope that we can debate and vote on them at some point this weekend. You do not have to be a senator to debate, just to vote. Also, I would like to renew my call for new nations to join the forum. This is a growing part of the reigon, and a very important entity. Thanks, and I will see you on the senate floor.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please remember this thread is not a general discussion thread. That can take place elsewhere. Discussion here should be limited to the MIA weekly report and questions concerning the MIA and related affairs. Thank you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This week, the regional government was very active, and a great deal of policy was implemented. First, ASB 1 was introduced to and passed the senate by midweek. This concerns foreign policy and relations with the region Blue. Also, an amendment to the constitution was put forth by Kelwarr that altered the way the senate functions and abolished the election of senators. This amendment passed by regional referendum. In the Vice-Presidential election, God007 defeated Kelwarr to become the second vice presidnt of the region. The vote was 13-2. In the presidential election, Borishnakov V defeated Kelwarr and Prevalia by a vote of 8-6-1 respectively. 15 of 25 nations turned out to vote. All factors considered, the elections went very well. I suspect that appointments to the president's cabinet will be announced on Monday when Borishnakov returns. Also, I would like to forally lodge a welcome for the two nations who have just joined the reigon. Fell free to participate in politics and join the regional forum. The weak ahead will be busy as well. There are several bills set to be introduced in the newly configured regional senate, and a possible constitutional amendment.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On Monday of this week, as expected, Borishnakov made his appointments to the ministries. Kelwarr was appointed Defense Minsister, and Prevalia moved to Foreign Affairs to replace Atlantis Legend. I will remain your Internal Affairs Minster for this term. I must say, I enjoy the post very much and thank Borishnakov for allowing me to keep it. Also this week, a flood of amendments and bills were introduced into the senate. The docket has been set by God007, and we are now hearing debate and voting on ASR3. That will end Monday. All nations, please vote on this. It is a constitutional amendment, so anyone can vote. At the beginning of next week, ASB3 and ASB4 will be debated as well, but voting is not yet open for those. As a general reminder to the senate, anyone can propose legislation who is a senator. I would also like to encourage all nations/senators to vote on legislation. This is a means of directly exercising your democratic rights. Thirdly, we experienced a large wave of immigration this week. I would like to welcome all nations who have joined us, as note that many have already joined the UN. This is great, and I hope that the enthusiasm will continue. One thing that I do not approve of, however, is the spamming of the message board that a select few have begun participating in. This ruins regional discussion and is just annoying. Please stop before everyone gets really mad. Again, I would like to remind both new and old nations in the UN to endorse Borishnakov. Have a good week!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On Monday of this past week, the case Indain Ocean v. New-Luftwafflez came to a conclusion with a jury vote of guilty by a 3-0 decision. This was the first court case of the region, and all involved worked well and it was a sucess. However, at mid-week, we were ambushed by an influx of many Luftwafflez that tried to obstruct discussion by posting spam. As a region, we cannot tolerate this. We need to make sure that the insitutions of the Aegean Sea continue to function effectively, and are not disturbed. However, it appears now that the Luftwafflez threat has ended for the time being. Also this week, the senate was in action, and passed ASB 3 by a narrow vote of 3-2. It then went into recess and will resume action again on Tuesday. I would encourage all senators to use the remaining recess time to read the bills up for a vote on Tuesday. There has been a significant flow of nations in and out of the region in the past week. As usual, I extend a special welcome to all nations joining us. I hope that you enjoy the region.

On the topic of immigration policy for the region, I feel that it is my job as Internal Affairs Minister to address the region on the issue at this time. As I have stated repeatedly, the vitality of this region comes from our open borders. Over the past months, we have witnessed an influx of new nations that brought with them many new ideas that have helped this reigon. New nations to the region are welcome and encouraged to participate. However, recent events have shown me some of the dangers of this system. We cannot tolerate individuals in this region that spam the board or pose a risk to regional security. Actions to resolve this have already been put in place, with the Luftwafflez trial and ASB 1 which cut off immigration from Blue. However, this may not be enough. I would like to make a request for some kind of an immigrant registration system to be implemented in the future to help us to make sure that none of Wik's army, nor any other invaders enter our region. To do this, we need to pass legislation in this area, and empower the delegate to act upon this. I urge the support of the senate, and all nations in this matter, as immigration is a major concern right now. Thank you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The events of the past week have necessited many changes within the central government. For this reason, I am leaving my post as Minster of Internal Affaris in order to serve the region as Vice-President. My sucessor for the time being will be Agaean Paradise, but I don't know what the long term holds. I feel, however, it is necessary to provide a log of the events of last week for later reference, and this task will comprise my final Internal Affairs Update for the time being.

On the day of May 25, I was alerted by Borishnakov to the fact that Berzerkerinian Bears, the founder of the region, would die that day. In addition, he told me that he expected Wik to sieze the opportunity and make one last attempt to invade the region. For this reason, and on his orders, I declared a lockdown in the region. Opposition to this was registered from many quarters, however, I continue to stand by the decision. Very shortly, the region was flooded with Wik's nations. At this time also, Kelwarr, our Defense Minister, left in protest. Several councils were held including a great many nations. I applaud the efforts of many nations within the region at this time, too numerous to name. However, it rapidly became clear that Borishnakov was becomming inactive and would be unable to help us. For this reason, as well as annother that Borishnakov will reveal next fall, power was transfered to God007, our acting president at present. He then ejected the Wik nations in the region and re-established order. At this point, the new transitional government was formed that is currently in power.

At this stage, I would like to assure the region that all things are going back to normal, and I have no evidence to suggest the Wik will ever be a threat to the region again. He is apparently loosing interest in the game. I look forward to serving the region as Vice-President and hope that we can peacefully develop together in the future.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My first post as MIA!!!

The region has had an influx of new members this week. We are up to 33 nations total with Libre as delegate having 12 votes. I would encourge all nations that have not done so yet to endorse the delegate to farther our power in the UN.

There has also been some disent from outside the region, mainly Libre calling upon me to begin the trial of Das, which shall be coming soon, i've been a tad busy as of late. We have also had a new increase of spam attacks which will hopefully be delt with soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12