Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This office is where the Minister of Defense (MoD) sits and posts any information in regards to protecting the region.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 06, 2006 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Kelwarr ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It appears that I get to be the first to ever post a report here. The placement of me in this office was rather unexpected. The status quo has been maintained. I have made contact with two regions and we are working on treaties to make alliances with them official. Aside from that, there has been the Luftwafflez incident that may raise some regional concern (about what, I'm not sure). With that said, there is nothing else to report and nothing new that has occured worthy of note.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the spirit of a well informed region and to follow the example set down by Libre Arbitre I shall begin a weekly announcement of activities being carried out within the Ministry of Defense.

As Libre Arbitre has informed you, there has been a recent transition in power due to the loss of the region founder and a subsequent risk of invasion by wikist nations, which was prevented by fast action by our new president God007.

There was no active Ministry of Defense during this transition, so our involvement in this crisis was minimal.

Our current efforts are focused on rebuilding the Aegean Sea Defense Force. This is expected to be the main focus of the Ministry of Defense for the remainder of this week, along with peripheral monitoring of wikist movements.

I would like to end this address to the region with the reassurance that due to quick action on the part of the other leaders of the cabinet our region is currently stable, and all of our continuing efforts we can ensure that the region remains that way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Address to Aegean Sea 06 22 2006

At the current time the Aegean Sea exists within a relatively calm and isolated sphere. Our lack of external diplomatic ties at this point mean we are having little strategic interaction with the outside world.

Internally the defense of our region is growing in strength. We are especially pleased with the Presidents current level of endorsements, which consist of 73% of the regions resident UN members. I would like to encourage anyone within the senate that is not currently endorsing our president to do so to bolster his strength.

There is a current state of minor turmoil within the region due to increased incidence of spam attacks. Let me state that this in no way represents a serious danger to the region, merely an annoyance that will be dealt with, and not a reason for serious concern.

With regards to the recreation of the AS Defense Force I have recruited one of the two planned nations. I would like to take this moment to publically recognize that the Confederacy of Naleren has stepped forward and been inducted into the ASDF. We are still seeking another volunteer nation at this time.

The Assembly of Ostracionis
    Ministry of Defense
    Aegean Sea

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Address to Aegean Sea 07 01 2006

Several events have occured recently that I intend to address in this statement.

Outside of the Aegean Sea significant events have been occuring in a wikist region. Several nations have moved into the region Blue and staged a coup for the delegate position. In response the region has been locked down by the founder. If this is not a sophisticated ruse several things may be tentatively assumed from this. First, Wik lacks enough UN nations to retain control of the delegate position in his own region. This is supported by the lack of assault on the Aegean since wikist nations were repulsed weeks ago. Second, this event may distract Wik from the Aegean for a period of time.

Within the region the discussion of refounding has become a highly controversial topic. From a defense standpoint the ability to have a founder in place that cannot be ousted through an overwhelming number of invaders is to be desired. However, due to the new regional influence aspect of nationstates a successful invasion would be difficult. Also important to consider is the fact that whoever is placed into the founder position will wield immense unchecked power and must be of unimpeachable character. This means that a desirable candidate is someone already active in the region and beyond reproach. All nations should take this into account if this issue reaches the point of nominating and voting for a founder.

Finally, we would like to welcome God007 back from his vacation. Now that he has returned regional security has returned to relative normal.

The Assembly of Ostracionis
    Ministry of Defense
    Aegean Sea

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Because of various personal concerns, Ostracionis has resigned from his position as Minister of Defense effective July 10, 2006.

Inactive Member imported_Apocalyptic_Aftermaths's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Libre Arbitre:
    Because of various personal concerns, Ostracionis has resigned from his position as Minister of Defense effective July 10, 2006.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whoa. He has a history of this?

Anyways, I am settling in as MoD right now, but if anyone has any comments or suggestions for the defense department, feel free to telegram me in NS or send me a PM here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea, he does have a history of this. He did it midway through my delegacy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can sympathize with leaving an office. I decided that was neccessary during a previous administration. Anyway, welcome Apocolyptic Aftermaths to the office of Minister of Defense. Good luck on your endeavors and may you serve the region well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure where to post this, and your forum seems rather inactive, but we have reason to believe that Aegean Sea is to be raided tonight. For this reason, several UN nations will be moving in and endorsing Borishnakov V as UN Delegate. If you wish to know more, telegram the nation Sedgistan 1. The nation Falconey is a known raider, and The Ardian Isles may be as well.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 25, 2007 07:13 PM: Message edited by: sedge ]</font>