Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is the office of the President. Any important messages to be given to the region are posted here.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 06, 2006 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Kelwarr ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I figure this is a thread that should be used more often. Anyways, I am almost never in a position where I can get on the forum, so that is why I am never on here. That aside, however, I encourage all nations to maintain a high level of activity on here and on NS. The times are changing again and the possibility for a full-scale war between the Aegean Sea and the supporters of the one known as Wik seem to be inevitable. Right now we are fairly safe, but time has a way of changing everything. I call on all nations to do the following things to help ensure the safety and prosperity of the Aegean Sea:

1. Join the UN (if eligible and have not already)
    2. Endorse the delegate
    3. Be active daily.

This has been a message from the President of the Aegean Sea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Address to the region 8-3-06:

Nations of the Aegean Sea. As the Senate begins its second session, I think that some matters need to be addressed. First, I would like to take this opportunity to nominate Ostracionis for the position of Minister of Foreign Affairs. He and I often discuss matters together, and I feel he would be well suited to this position. His appointment will be official when he accepts. Also, the state of the region right now is one of internal turmoil. I understand the continuing dispute between UN nations and non-UN nations regarding the regional senate. This is an issue that I wish to explore. However, in order for lasting solutions to be formed, all nations need to contribute to the proposed reformation of the senate. Therefore, I would like any nation who wants a say on this matter to please telegram me or post on the forum ideas in the next week. At that time, the individuals involved will begin deciding on legislation. Also included in this reformation is a bill that I am going to author opening up the Central Government positions to non-UN nations. I think this will allow us as a region to get the best people in the top positions. I am making it a priority to address the concerns with the Central Government because I realize that we need to have everyone participating to run the region most effectively. On annother note, there is talk of a resurgent Wik threat. While I do encourage vigilance, we do not need to get excited about this at the present time. I have very little information on the matter, and what I do know suggests that Wik is not a legitimate threat to us at present. That said, preparation is a necessity, and I feel that we are adequately prepared at this time. Therefore, Internal Affairs are our most important concern. To that end, I would urge the MIA to post an update introducing his thoughts at some time this week.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 03, 2006 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Libre Arbitre ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Address to the region 8-1-06:

Now that I am official president, I feel it necessary to outline my goals for the region this session. First, our policy on the UN needs to change. As a region, we have not voted on ANY UN resolution for a long time. This is embarassing. Therefore, starting today, all nations may telegram me their vote (for or against) on the current UN resolution up for floor action. I will cast my regional vote in accordance with the majority. Also, I will periodically endorse proposals in the UN in hopes that they might come to the floor. When I do this, I will post a list of them on the regional board so everyone in the region can see what I have been endorsing and contact me with concerns. Finally, in an effort to see more UN proposals written by this region, I will endorse any proposal that comes from this region, regardless of my feelings on it. Additionally, I will make it a point to personally author at least 2 proposals while I am delegate. These are my feelings on the UN as it stands now. I will address other aspects of the region at a later time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS TO THE REGION 8-10-06:

The events of the past day make this an important time for me to communicate with the region as a whole. First, I can verify most of what Borishnakov has stated in his previous speech. Wik has long battled this region, but has been relatively calm throughout the summer so far. However, it looks as if he is now massing his troops. Because he has lost the capacity to be in the UN, any attacks against us will most likely consist of SPAM in the short term, unless he finds some powerful allies. Now, as many of you know, he is especially adept at SPAM as shown by DasUnterseeboot and others. I will continue to monitor actions in Blue and its affiliated region. I would also like to take this opportunity to formally issue a request to God007, MIA, to begin trial proceedings against DasUnterseeboot pursuent to ASB 1. We need to let Wik know that we will not tolerate his presence here anylonger. Seconly, I urge my ministers of Foreign Affairs and Defense to be on alert for suspicious activity. I will TG both of them soon for more information. Finally, I urge the region to remain calm. As of now, we are not in immediate danger, and we are trying to avert the threat. There is no reason to suppose that we will be attacked in any way. The threat posed by Blue at this time is just a mere nusance. I will be introducing legislation to the senate to deal with it very soon. Speaking of the Senate, I would like to take this opportunity to congradulate Borishnakov V on a very sucessful beginning to the senate term. Already, we have passed two bills (AST 1 and ASB 5). Also, we are in the process of voting on a referendum, and have established a committee to work on reformation of the senate. Hopefully, work in this area will continue to be productive as we go through the month of August. I encourage all UN nations who have endorsed the delegate to excersise your rights as senators and vote on bills and participate in discussion. Thank you for your time, and please feel free to contact me with questions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS TO THE REGION 8-13-06:

In the past few days, the ranks of Blue and other affiliated regions have continued to swell. As stated before, most of these are non-UN and pose no direct threat to the region. However, they have engaged in various spamming raids upon the Aegean Sea and seek to generally upset the way of life here. In addition, I have received information that Wik has at least one nation currently residing within the Aegean Sea, as well as one nation in Blue that has gone UN. If he continues to develop UN nations, the time may come when he poses a direct threat to the Aegean Sea. In an effort to stop the potential military threat posed by Blue as well as stop the vicious spamming, Borishnakov is currently developing an amendment to allow for trials on these nations pursuant to ASB 1, which severs ties between Blue and us. However, in the unlikely event that drastic action is necessary before this amendment passes the regional senate, I am going to take necessary pre-emptive cautions. To do this, I hereby issue the following executive order: Until the senate passes the necessary resolution to correct the constitutional ambiguities pointed out by AP or 10 days elapse (whichever comes first), Article 4 Section 6 of the constitution is suspended in all cases relating to trial of UN nations pursuant to ASB 1. This will allow trial of nations coming from Blue without the new amendment. My authority to declare this Executive Order comes from Subpoint B of Point 1 of ASB 2. While I do not like to issue executive orders on a regular basis, I feel this is necessary given the heightened alert the region is currently under.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS TO THE REGION-
    Well, we have reached the half way point of the delegacy. Many important things have been acomplished so far, and hopefully will continue to be. First, I feel that it is important to comment on the Wik situation. After talking to my ministers and collecting data, I have determined that several weeks ago, Wik came very close to having enough troops to invade the region. Thankfully, the moderators deterred him. While the Wik threat appears to have waned since, we need to remain vigilant in case something happens with him in the future. That said, it is also important that we not become paranoid or fixated on the matter. Second, much has been accomplished in the area of internal improvements. The senate has passed many resolutions since its term began. Most notable are the Immigration Bill, which greatly expands our regulations on immigration, and an amendment that has allowed all nations, not just UN nations, to serve in the Central Government. As opening up the Central Government has been an issue that I have long supported, I am glad at this development. In addition, the senate is currently considering a bill that would allow non-UN nations to join the senate. I hope progress will continue to be made on the issue. While the SPAM bill continues to be a sticking point in the senate, I am confident that it may be resolved in the comming days through discussion. Thirdly, I am very happy about the increased UN activity recently. Kelwarr has authored many proposals for the UN, and I have had a number of differant nations vote on UN Resolutions. I hope that progress will continue in this area in the future. Finally, while I hope that we continue to make positive domestic developments in the remainder of my term, I would also like to see the region expand its influence in the area of foreign relations. We need to make contact with other nations, and hopefully establish peaceful relations. We have already made progress with the Indian Ocean in our Non-Aggression pact, and hopefully we will be able to create similar agreements with other regions in the future.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The time has come when we again find ourselves in need of elections. It is important that everyone participate in these to keep the region democratic. Last time, both the President and Vice President ran un-opposed. Hopefully this time, there will be more candidates. That said, we need to get the election process started. The first task is to appoint a moderator. Therefore, I would like any interested parties to contact me at some point in the next couple of days so we can have one appointed by the beginning of next week. Once that is done, we can begin candidate registration and debating, with voting to begin the following week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have come to the end of this delegatory term, and I think that it is necessary to analyze what has been done. During my campaign two months ago, I promised to work to open up the central government to all nations. This has been done. The senate passed a bill this term that allows any nation to be in the central government. I also promised to work on senate reform, to open it up to more nations. By working with Borishnakov in the senate, this too was accomplished, and beginning next term, non-UN nations will be able to be appointed to the senate. I have also worked to increase UN activity. We have had more people voting on resolutions this term, and have had more resolutions submitted from this region than at any point in the past. This is fantastic, and I hope that it continues. We have also increased the number of nations in the region, and it is now up to 44. However, we did so in a way that would not let invaders in, through passage of the important Immigration Bill early in the term. Overall, the senate has worked hard, and I think much of this has to do with the fine work of the Vice President, Borishnakov V. Next term, I hope that this will continue. To that end, I urge everyone to participate in political discussion by using the forum, and voting on bills if you are in the senate. We expanded the use of the forum dramatically this term, and I hope that will continue. On the foreign policy front, it looks as if we have finally been rid of Wik. This delegacy was marked by a preiod of tranquility on that front, and all reports that I have suggest that Wik is stopping his raids. Recently, however, we have been threatened by internal turmoil in the Indian Ocean. However, I have insisted that we not commit ourselves to that situation, and remain adimant on that point. We should not get involved over there, and as long as I am delegate, we will not. Therefore, I think this has been a very sucessful term. The region has grown, and many of the problems that were here when I took over have been removed. As always, please contact me with questions, and I look forward to what may come.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that members of this region deserve to know where the region is headed under their leadership. Therefore, if I am elected to annother term, I will work my hardest to establish the following:

FOREIGN POLICY-
    Too long now, we have let this area of our region go by the wayside. Excuses have been made, and things have not gotten done. However, If re-elected, I promise to end this and work to establish meaningful alliances with other region, so we can trade ideas and provide mutual defense.

DEFENSE-
    The Wik threat is probably gone, but undocumented nations flow through our borders daily. To this end, I will work with the senate during my next term to pass meaningful legislation to support the **** system already in place, and appoint an MIA who will begin to prosecute nations in violation of this bill. My opponent is the incumbent MIA, and has not done this. I encourage all concerned nations to telegram him and ask him why he has not done this.

INTERNAL AFFAIRS-
    I will work tirelessly with the president of the senate to pass some of the legislation currently in the works. I want to make sure we get some kind of a SPAM bill passed, but at the same time make sure that it is agreeable to the region as a whole. We have made some attempts at this this session, and hopefully it will continue. Also, I plan to create annother special committee to study and recommend comprehensive changes to our regional constitution. This is a document that is about six months old, and slightly out of date. We need to have objective analysis of the document at this time.

UN-
    I hope to continue to have as much UN participation as we have had recently. I promise to work with the UN leaders to get important resolutions passed, and ensure that the UN does not trample the freedoms of individual nations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast