Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is where changes for regional laws are discussed as well as where updates regarding the senate are posted.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 28, 2006 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Kelwarr ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just have one question, that i'd like to ask, what is the definition of non-militaristic support?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by jcreinke:
    i just have one question, that i'd like to ask, what is the definition of non-militaristic support?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Non-militaristic support includes intelligence sharing, possibly sending a representative to the region in question, verbal support, and that kind of thing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thus far, I'm in favor of the law. I'm still not sure if I can even be on the Senate or who else is, but if I am in in favor. Also, Libre, you should put up your flag. It makes identification a little faster if you have a pic. As for God007, I'd reccomend using your flag from N.S. as well. But that's just me.

P.S. please check out the U.N. offic and post anything regarding the U.N. there (such as: debates over issues in the U.N., ideas for proposals to submit, critique on proposals we want to submit and have been drafted, posting your rough drafts, etc.).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ASB 2 has been noted, and debate on it will begin as soon as a vote is taken on ASB 1.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe that only the senate can vote on ASB 1, God007. Thus, our votes on that do not count. It's just a bill, and therefore limited only to the Senate. ASB 2 (which should really be ASR1) is a referendum and not a bill. As it modifies the constitution, it is to be voted on by the General Assembly (all nations within the region). Voting for both ends Friday. And, since you asked, we seem to be the only ones posting. Others have voted, though. That, if I'm not mistaken, is done by secret ballot (telegrams or perhaps personal messages via the forum).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I haven't said so before, I favor these last two pieces of legislation, although I urge caution with God007's latest piece. I will probably be issuing an address to the whole region towards the end of the week detailing the Indian Ocean as it stands now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have deleted some of the bills that have already passed out of the senate. Remaining is ASB 2 and ASR 2. Voting on ASB 2 will begin on Tuesday when the senate comes out of recess. Following the vote on that, ASR 2 will be voted on by the senate. Should it pass that vote, it will go to a regional referendum. As of now, those are the only two pieces of legislation registered in the senate.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As President of the Senate, I feel that it is necessary to provide an update on the happenings of the Senate at this time. The term of the 1st Regional Senate will officially expire on Wednesday, marking exactly 60 days since the beginning of that term. At that time, all bills that have not been voted on will die. The only one that falls under this category is Kelwarr's amendment. As president, I do not wish to give this bill a vote, so it will die. The Senate will reconvene as soon as we have instated a new delegate. Then, the 2nd Regional Senate will begin. I already have a few legislative ideas to bring up at that time, and would ask that anyone else contribute ideas to me in the meantime. Now, it is necessary to sum up the progress of the 1st regional senate. During this term, we made significant legislative accomplishments passing ASB1 to defend the region from Blue. Also, with the passage of ASR2, we redefined the makeup of the senate in a manner that makes it much easier to follow. We also passed a much needed measure to give the president emergency powers in a crisis. This goes a long way to securing the region from future invaders. I think that all members of the region have worked together during this session to make the region better. I hope that we can continue the progress next session.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am finishing up a draft of a comprehensive immigration bill. I hope to have the senate up and running by the end of the week (or sooner), so this bill will probably be the first introduced once decorum is established.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast