Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good idea. Immigration reform is a necessity long overdue. I have a few ideas of my own that I will draft and add to the list within the next couple of days.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The current piece of legislation I have for immigration is about two pages long, and I'm not quite done yet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please add the following to the list of bills awaiting floor action.

Designation: AST 1
    Category: Foreign Treaty
    Co-Authors: Libre Arbitre (Aegean Sea)
    Wincapowley (Indian Ocean)

For the purposes of this resolution the following terms are defined as-
    Government: Any nation or group of nations occupying the delegacy of a region along with any advisors, councils, or other elected officials appointed or otherwise to assist in the ruling of a region.
    Invasion: Movement of nations into a region with the intent to either spam or sieze the delegacy.

Point 1: Neither the government of the Aegean Sea, nor the government of the Indian Ocean may, at any time for any reason, invade the other unless such an action is consented to by both governments.

Point 2: Neither of the said governments shall support or otherwise aid any region or nations attempting to invade the other nation.

Point 3: Neither of the said governments shall harbor nations openly agressive to the other nation.

Point 4: This treaty will take effect immediately after it is approved by both the Idian Ocean and Aegean Sea governments

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I?d like to add a point to Libre?s bill if I may:

I?m not sure if these would violate point 1 if it does you can disreguard this but...

Point 5: If one of the said regions is going to lose said delegate (such as Winca currently), then the other region can send 1 UN nation to support the delegate with their endorsement, as a show of good faith between regions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This would be a fine idea under differant circumstances. First, in order to do this, one UN nation would have to leave the Aegean, which would mean one less endorsement here, and we need as many as we can get. Secondly, such an action would make us more involved with the Indian than I think we want to be at this time. If we begin supporting their government, who knows what we may be drawn into.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Government? Since when did the Indian get a body that "governs"? I must have fallen asleep.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is schedualed to be up for a vote after AST 1? As I have said, I have a bill that I'm going to introduce about reconfiguration of the cabinet, and if that's up next, I will soon post it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you can get that bill to me by the time voting on AST 1 ends, I can put that bill in right behind it. I think that bill is more important than the rotation bill and whatnot, because forming the cabinet is proving to be an immediate concern/problem.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here it is-

Designation: ASR 4
    Category: Constitutional Amendment
    Author: Libre Arbitre

Point 1: Article 4, Section 1 of the Aegean Sea Constitution is hereby amended to read as follows: “The Central Government of the Aegean Sea shall have one nation who is designated Minister of Internal Affairs.”

Point 2: Article 5, Section 1 of the Aegean Sea Constitution is hereby amended to read as follows: “The Central Government of the Aegean Sea shall have one nation who is designated Minister of Foreign Affairs.”

Point 3: Article 6, Section 1 of the Aegean Sea Constitution is hereby amended to read as follows: “The Central Government of the Aegean Sea shall have one nation who is designated Minister of Defense.”

Point 4: This legislation will take effect upon passage by a 2/3 vote of all nations in the Aegean Sea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ASR- Minister of Immigration and Expansion
    Author: Kelwarr
    Sponsor: Jachin Dua

Point 1) The Constitution is to be amended to read as follows:

1A. Section 1.1 is to read “The Central Government shall be composed of the Founder, President, Vice-President, Minister of Internal Affairs, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Defense, and a Minister of Immigration and Expansion.”

1B. Section 1.3 is to read “The office of President and the Vice-President shall be elected by a popular vote of the nations of the Aegean Sea. The President shall select the offices of Minister of Internal Affairs, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Defense, and the Minister of Immigration and Expansion.”

1C. Article Seven is to be created, dictating the responsibilities of the Minister of Immigration and Expansion. All other articles following this are to be renumbered accordingly. Article Seven shall read as follows:
    “ARTICLE SEVEN - Establishment and Responsibilities of the Minister of Immigration and Expansion”
    1. The Central Government of the Aegean Sea shall have one nation designated the Minister of Immigration and Expansion
    2. The Minister of Immigration and Expansion is responsible for recruitment of nations to the Aegean Sea.
    3. The MIE is the primary nation responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Aegean Registration System Extension.
    4A. The Minister of Immigration and Expansion shall be given the power to enforce the laws pertaining to maintenance of the Aegean Registration System Extension. and can, if seconded by two of the other ministers (the Minister of Internal Affairs, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, or the Minister of Defense), call for the trial of a nation in violation.
    4B. The President can overturn any motion for a trial with the Vice-President’s support.
    5. The Minister of Immigration and Expansion is accountable for the recruitment of nations from around the various feeder regions, as designated in Art. V, Section 5, of the Nation States world, shall provide information to prospective nations about the Aegean Sea, and welcome new nations to the region upon arrival.
    6A. The Minister of Immigration and Expansion posts the Aegean Sea advertisements in the regions of: The Pacific, The North Pacific, The East Pacific, The South Pacific, The West Pacific, Lazarus and the Rejected Realms, on, at least, a bi-monthly basis.
    6B. To maintain their current status of regional influence, the Minister of Immigration and Expansion may telegram nations within the feeder regions instead of posting. A documented list must of the nations contacted must be turned into both the President and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, as well as in the reports posted by the Minister of Immigration and Expansion.
    7. The Minister of Immigration and Expansion is designated by the President.

1D. Section 5.4 of the Minister of Foreign Affairs is to be removed from the constitution.

1E. Section 5.5 is to read “The Minister of Foreign Affairs will post the Aegean Sea’s advertisements in the regions of: The Pacific, The North Pacific, The East Pacific, The South Pacific, The West Pacific, Lazarus and the Rejected Realms, on a monthly basis, as an auxiliary to the Minister of Immigration and Expansion.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 01, 2006 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Kelwarr ]</font>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast