Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your comments are well recieved, Kelwarr. My only thoughts are these- In a perfect world, this is a great resolution. I understand the need for it, and it would undoubtedly help the region. The million dollar question is: How are we going to be able to staff the position? When we expand the central government, we need to make sure that we have the personell, and frankly, I don't think that we do right now. Jachin Dua has been given as the probable person to fill the spot. But even though he has been in the region for several weeks and he is the basis behind a resolution such as this, I know very little of him. How committed is he? He may take the position, then leave after a few months. What do we do then? I guess, I would like to hear testimony from Jachin Dua personally before I decide.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The unnerving thing is that some of the more recent nations have been more involved than Jachin Dua of recent. I think it was Apocalyptic Aftermaths that expressed a desire to get involved in regional politics today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aye, that he did.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Borishnakov V:
    The unnerving thing is that some of the more recent nations have been more involved than Jachin Dua of recent. I think it was Apocalyptic Aftermaths that expressed a desire to get involved in regional politics today.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yea, I just sent him a reply. I think I'm going to go over and TG Kelwarr and ask him what the deal is with Jachin Dua.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

An even more unnerving development is that The 412th Cadian in the Indian asked if there were any other regions God, me, and Winca were involved in. Talk about raging lunatics, he is one of the more... interesting ones.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The reason for Jachin Dua's "inactivity" is that I told him that I would take care of matters and that he should monitor the forum and our politics. He has asked me many questions and has much input on the bill, but I believe he has only asked me because I am the one that has contacted him.
    Also, he seems to be wondering if you got his telegram, God007, in compliance with the A.R.S.E. He has sent me several questions regarding that and if there's anything else he must do.
    From what I can tell, he shows much interest in the region because he first inquired about being the MIE or an ambassador for our region. I have also directed him to talk to Libre about his views on the bill. If they can get conversation going, it may clear things up faster than if they went through me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm. Chop out the part of the pipe that's clogged and the water flows free. Makes sense, I suppose. lol.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I most eagerly await discussion with him then, and will report back to the senate with what I learn.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

THIS SESSION OF CONGRESS IN REVIEW

This senate of the senate was not only very active, but it was also very progressive. This post will give the region a rundown of the senate activity during this second session.

The senate passed the following pieces of legislation:

ASB 5 - Immigration system bill. Authored by Borishnakov V.

ASR 4 - Allowed Non-UN nations to be in the cabinet. Authored by Libre Arbitre.

ASR 5 - Allowed for senate legislation to be enforced by trial proceedure, and slightly clarified trial proceedure. Authored by Borishnakov V.

ASR 6 - Allows the President to appoint 2 non-UN nations to the senate for a term. Authored by Libre Arbitre.

AST 1 - A Non-Aggression Pact between the Aegean Sea and the Indian Ocean.

As it is, there were a few common themes to the actions of the senate this term:

1. Open Government (ASR 4, ASR 6)
    2. Law, Order, and Security (ASB 5, ASR 5)
    3. Healing the wounds caused by the actions of Marga Ragnos and Green Wik (AST 1)

From the last I was informed, the next senate session could start with as many as 5 bills on the docket.

During this term, we also saw a general increase in senate voting. I hope the trends established this term continue in the next term.

I further encourage more nations to get involved in world politics. It makes things more entertaining and lets the region become stronger.

-Borishnakov V
    Vice-President of the Aegean Sea

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have accomplished much this session, and I think that we can primarily thank senate leadership for that. The docket has been comprehensive, and work has gotten done. I look forward to the Third Senate Session comming up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234