Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is the office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs (MFA). Any information regarding the state of the region in relationship to other regions in the N.S. world is conveyed here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been meaning to get to this, but circumstances have prevented me from being able to write and post my first report as the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Currently, things are rather sedate in the Aegean. The arena of foreign affairs has lost much of the region's attention and the focus is, instead, on the Senate. The most recent advance in the area of Foreign Affairs was the passage of a non-aggression pact between the Aegean Sea and the Indian Ocean.
    Also, President Libre Arbitre has begun a campaign to make the Aegean better known in the U.N. As such, a U.N. Office has been created and, currently, one proposal has been submitted. That proposal was also submitted to the U.N., but failed to make it to the floor. Libre Arbitre has also been active in reading the current U.N. proposals and has approved several by his own free will. Thus far, no one has suggested that he approve any others except for "U.N. Education Commission". This proposal came from the Aegean, and Libre said in his induction speech that he would endorse all proposals that were submitted from Aegean nations.
    Lastly, some actions with the region of Blue has raised some concerns. Most recently, there have been several nations that have arrived, posted, and then departed for Blue. This has happened several times, but no other incidences have occured and no action has been taken on the Aegean's part. Reports are still pending on the position of the Minister of Defense in regards to these transient nations.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 08, 2006 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Kelwarr ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This past week had a large influx of nations into the region. Unfortunately, I have not kept track of all of them. As I can remember, the nations of Zaphod SK, Jachin Dua, Tribal Dancers, Doric Athens, Fenshire, Control IH, Antilopolis, and Akademeia arrived.

We also had a bit of spam from the region of Blue, specifically from DasUnterseeboot. It was also deduced that no one in that region actually knows German, but instead uses a translator for everything. Needless to say, relations with Blue and the associated region Cornelius Drebble seem to be crubmling.

Our nation is still relatively inactive in the U.N. The proposal "UN Education Commission" was resubmitted, but the actual numbers on how that vote ended are unknown. As an improvement from last time, the proposal was advertised and a thread in the U.N. Forum was produced.

Lastly, our region may be acquiring an ambassador for the Aegean or, pending legislation, a new Minister of Immigration and Expansion to be in charge of recruiting members to the Aegean as well as monitoring the influx of people.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In regards to Libre's presidential address, my efforts as the MFA at expansion have been mediocre at best. Some nations have arrived, possibly due to advertising but possibly not. Any alliances that could have occured were non-responsive. That portion of foreign affairs has all but died during this term. As such, I placed a bigger emphasis on the United Nations, hopefully creating interest in the region by pushing through proposals and making some sort of name for ourselves.