Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This office is for the generating of ideas for U.N. proposals, drafting, critiqueing, and editing those U.N. proposals, and also for the debate of the current U.N. resolution. This office is open to all nations residing in the Aegean Sea, whether they are members of the U.N. or not.

The only rules of this office are that all criticism must be constructive and that the nation that authors the proposal is the one to submit it to the U.N. Coauthors may be listed should the primary author desire. If the author does not wish to submit their proposal, they may request another nation to do so. Any proposals authored by nations that are not U.N. members must be submitted by a "sponsor nation" chosen by the author. In this instance, a coauthor (the primary author that is not a U.N. member) must be listed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did you get my TG about my being fine with your UN office? I will see what procedural things I have to do to get it official, but you can start opperation whenever you wish.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is the proposal that I currently have in the U.N. It most likely won't make it to the floor, but I still would like some criticism so as to learn what the good points are and what points I need to either reword, strengthen, elaborate on, or cut out.

<u>U.N. Education Commission</u>
    Education and Creativity: A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

REALIZING that the economies of nations are becoming more global,

NOTING that contact between varying peoples is becoming ever increasingly easier

OBSERVING that education, on a global scale, is becoming more stratified in a world where a person must be more knowledgeable of others and their cultures

FURTHER NOTING that some nations lag significantly behind others in their means of educating their population and may be unable to rectify such difficulties on their own

HEREBY forms the United Nations Education Administration to do the following:

I. Monitor education systems across the globe.

II. Allocate funds to aid in the development of more sophisticated educational systems in developing countries.

III. Foster the sharing of and aid in the distribution of new educational techniques.

IV. Aid in the instruction and certification of teachers in developing countries.

V. Aid in the set up and maintenance of schools set up in points II and IV until said country is able to manage those schools without aid.

VI. Promote the pursuit of higher education

VII. Develop the standards that all curriculums must meet as determined by the proficiency of the education system of the country in question so as to diminish the stratification of education between nations

Authored by Kelwarr

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What are your plans for this resolution in the future? If you are thinking about re-introducing it at some point in the future, I would suggest creating a thread for it on the UN forum page and asking for public comment so that you can modify it and create awareness in the UN community so that you could get more votes on it when it comes up again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to try pushing my proposal again and I'm going to put it in the U.N. forum.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds good.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My proposal, once again, failed. I did embark on some advertising, though, and I think it probably faired better. I did not check its status and I don't know how it faired. I also put through a suggestion to the admins (I'm hoping I did that correctly) to perhaps include a game feature that telegrams you and tells you whether your proposal passed or failed and how many votes it had.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Late update on Kelwarr's resolution:
    As of 5:30 PM CST Sunday, the UN Education Commission resolution had 78 endorsements.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Within 50. That's not bad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's been a busy night for me in the U.N. I authored and submitted all of the following proposals. As the region seems to be apathetic, I didn't bother posting them for discussion until now. Anyone that has input, please post below.

1) <u>U.N. Education Commission</u>
    Education and Creativity: A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

REALIZING that the economies of nations are becoming more global,

NOTING that contact between varying peoples is becoming ever increasingly easier

OBSERVING that education, on a global scale, is becoming more stratified in a world where a person must be more knowledgeable of others and their cultures

FURTHER NOTING that some nations lag significantly behind others in their means of educating their population and may be unable to rectify such difficulties on their own

HEREBY forms the United Nations Education Administration to do the following:

I. Monitor education systems across the globe.

II. Allocate funds, as received from the United Nations budget, fundraising, private donations, etc. to aid in the development of more sophisticated, functional, and efficient educational systems in developing countries.

III. Foster the sharing of and aid in the distribution of new educational techniques.

IV. Aid in the instruction and certification of new teachers in developing countries.

V. Provide training to the teachers, professors, etc. that already are employed within struggling nations so as to better instruct the youth of said nations.

VI. Aid in the set up and maintenance of schools set up in points II and IV until said nation is able to manage those schools without aid.

VII. Promote the pursuit of higher education.

VIII. Develop the standards (i.e. literacy rate, language proficiency, competence in mathematics) that a curriculums should strive to meet as determined by the proficiency of the education system of the nation in question, so as to diminish the stratification of education between nations.

IX. Reserves the right for nations to utilize their own structure for their educational system, the right to choose which methods they will and will not implement, and the right to choose which courses and skills they will allow to be taught in schools.

X. The UN Education Commission will not force any nation to adopt any standard, method, structure, etc. that is contradictory to any religious, cultural, or societal dictates or that is in violation of any laws already established in said nation.

2) <u>World-wide Standardized Warning Labels</u>
    [I]Description: Free Trade (a resolution to reduce barriers to free trade and commerce)[I/]

NOTING that many people are injured every year due to industrial accidents

OBSERVING that many of these accidents can be avoided with proper warning

RECOGNIZING that many of these accidents cripple those involved, diminish or sever the income of the person injured, and increases the burden on any government funded welfare or disability programs

REALIZING that a majority of said accidents occur as a result of improper storage

FURTHER NOTING that a decrease in industrial accidents and lost product will aid in the development of global trade and help bolster national economies

HEREBY enact the following to affect international trade:

I. All boxes in transit shall be marked with any necessary warnings (i.e. ?flammable?, ?caustic?, ?store in temperatures no cooler than 30 degrees F (-1.112 C)?, etc) in the primary language of the nation to which it is destined, any secondary national language of the destination country if applicable, and the primary language of the country from which the product originated.

II. All such warning labels mentioned in I shall be accompanied by a worldwide standardized picture of the written warning in case the handler of said product is illiterate.

III. All products weighing 25lbs (11.34 Kg) or in excess thereof shall have their weights posted in both English and Metric measure.

IV. Nations that do not comply to regulations I-III can be subject to embargo or other trade penalty as deemed appropriate by the country to which the product was shipped.

V. In severe, prolonged, or blatant violations, or if action as done by the recipient country in IV is ignored, the violating nation in IV may be subject to penalty as deemed appropriate by the United Nations.

Strength: Mild

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 17, 2006 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Kelwarr ]</font>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast