0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Part two of all my postings.

3) <u>Repeal: End Slavery (Resolution #6)</u>

NOTING that slavery can be cruel and inhuman

UNDERSTANDING that it can and is accepted by various cultures and religions

FURTHER NOTING that the use of slavery can bolster struggling economies

OBERSERVING that the use of slavery can be an alternative to things such as imprisonment, execution, and bankruptcy

Hereby establishes the following:

I. U.N. Resolution #6: End Slavery is repealed

II. The term ?slave? is defined as ?a person bound in servitude to a household, organization, etc.?.

III. All citizens must be licensed in order to purchase, sell, and maintain slaves.

IV. All citizens that own slaves are subject to random inspections by the authorities of either the nation in which they live or, in certain cases, inspectors commissioned by the United Nations.

V. Cruel or inhuman punishments for slaves (i.e. torture, beatings, shackling, etc.) are banned.

VI. The trade of slaves will not go beyond the domestic boundaries of a nation, nor will the slave be traded beyond 150 miles of their home if they are a full-time slave. Slaves that are required to work for only several hours per day may not be traded beyond 50 miles of their home.

VII. Nations allowing the trade of slaves must keep a registry and uphold standards as dictated by the U.N.

VIII. Any nation in violation of the standards as dictated by points I-VI or any future standards as determined by the U.N. will lose their ability to have a slave trade (thus liberating all slaves), must compensate the owners of those slaves, and will have economic sanctions placed against them.

IX. All slaves will retain the right to vote in their nation?s elections (should the nation allow its citizens to vote), retain the status of citizen of that nation, retain the right to practice their own religion, retain the right to their own education, and retain the right to own their own property. All other laws regarding the rights of a human being still apply to the slave.

4) <u>Repeal ?UN taxation ban? (Resolution #28)</u>

REALIZING the need of funds for the United Nations to maintain its various beneficial endeavors, commissions, etc.

NOTING that the United Nations can only create economic sanctions, suggest military actions by a coallition of United Nations forces, or withdraw member status from a nation in violation of U.N. policies

HEREBY enacts the following:

I. U.N. Resolution #4 "UN taxation ban" shall be rendered null and void.

II. The United Nations, in addition to the penalties that it can already sanction, can tax member nations that are in violation of U.N. polices should this punishment seem appropriate.

5) <u>Repeal ?Right to Free Education?</u>

UNDERSTANDING that not all nations can afford to give their citizens free education

NOTING that the burden of a free educational system may lead to an inferior education system

OBSERVING that not all primary educational systems (those below the university level) end at or before the time a student reaches the age of 18

REALIZING that a nation with a struggling school system could greatly benefit from the injection of revenue from creating a small tuition fee

HEREBY repeals resolution # 28 ?Free Education?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All right, End Slavery got nuked and so did my UN Education Commission. I guess that you can not just create a committee, nor can a repeal introduce anything. I also got a message stating that two more violations and Kelwarr will be out of the U.N. Did our referendum pass? If I do something stupid, I'd still like to be MFA.

All nations that wish to participate in the U.N. Office, please remember to read the rules for U.N. proposals!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kelwarr:
    If I do something stupid, I'd still like to be MFA.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, Kelwarr. I guess you did something stupid.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, I didn't do anything stupid. Or at least I don't think I did. As for the legislation, repeals can't introduce new legislation and you can't just make a committee.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the big one is the repeals introducing new legislation. I've done some things wrong in the UN before, and the mods are generally merciful. I don't know what set them off this time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Libre Arbitre:
    I don't know what set them off this time.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny, I always thought the mods went nuclear sponaneously. I wasn't aware something had to set them off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's only when Wik is involved.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah. So I see.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UN REPORT-
    Since I made it my goal to increase regional activity in the United Nations, I think that it would be a good idea to periodically reflect on the UN's progress. First, I have to congradulate the nations of the region on participating in voting on resolutions. I have recieved numerous votes on resolutions on the floor, many from nations that I would not expect. I encourage all nations to continue this. Secondly, I have tried to endorse a number of proposals within the UN. I think that this allows the region to influence what goes to the UN floor to a great degree. To this end, I have been in contact with a number of other regional delegates discussing various legislative proposals. Third, our region has seen an increase in output of proposals, mostly due to Kelwarr's activity. I think him for his efforts, and will continue to support resolution written in the Aegean Sea. Finally, I will report that the UN at this time has a number of resolutions in queen, waiting for floor action. I support a number of these, and anxiously await floor action on them. Some of these are interesting ideas, and I encourage nations of the region to voice their feelings on them as they come up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really want to try to push through that repeal of "End Slavery". It's such a contentious piece and would be so hard to do, I mostly want to try for the challenge of it all. It'd be really interesting if we could push it through at least to the floor. The first thing we'd have to remember is to break up the repeal and the changes we'd want to make. Something like "REALIZING that the implementation of various standards and laws that the trade of persons in bound servitude must follow can protect said person, thus making the trade more acceptable".

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 09, 2006 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Kelwarr ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast