Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't even know where to start to thank everyone. Our tourney was a big success and we received numerous comments/compliments it. Everything from the game schedules, to the concessions and heck, even the refs got compliments. Not to mention the light up trophies!

Personally, this is the first tournament where I have gotten significant down time to just sit, watch a game or just put my feet up. That is due to the many efforts of some outstanding people. I wish I could personally thank everyone and I tried to say something to each of you when you were working. There were some incredible people though ....people who picked up things when we ran out....the Stanhope/Norton family who not only picked up more Gatorade and water but brought in packed in ice after they saw the struggles from the night before in getting it cold. Storey's, Gregory's, Porters, Graham's...who all did special runs for things. Sue Mains, who brought me cookies for those stressful moments!

And then there were the incredible moments..people who just popped into the stand when they saw me or someone else working when our son's were playing. Or people who worked a little longer so someone who was schedule could go see their son play. This type of thing happened numerous times!! And Saturday night, when I had to pick up a shift for someone who didn't want to fulfill their obligation, thus making me miss Bryan's game,well here come the Norton's and Storey's tell me "oh no, you're going to see Bryan play"..and kicked me out. Only that meant they missed part of their son's game!! Truly incredible and heart warming!!

People like Terry Bunn who came running out to tell me about a couple of shots Bryan made in the U17 game (the tradition continues) only to find out I was in the gym. He was being sure I knew and that meant a great deal to me.

In addition, we have a couple of families dealing with major health issues but they were always right there letting us know they were available and willing to do whatever we needed. Not a complaint or an "I can't help" out of them. Amazing!!!

And Doug Clore, whose arrival on Saturday and Sunday kept me smiling all weekend. Saturday there was the CDBA "outfit" ..and Sunday he brought the now famous Darryl Bobblehead! Doug, you could make a fortune off of those.

And Tom Wolf..our staff photographer. We've all gotten so use to his great photo's we forget to thank him.

Darryl. Darryl, who had to oversee almost every little step of this operation. Who, when things got frustrating for me, stepped in and handled a couple of ugly situations. There are the major issues in running a tourney but it's the little ones that can drive you nuts but he did an outstanding job and truly makes CDBA what it is.

And finally to Bryan. Bryan who ran in the regional track meet Friday night without Mom there because I had to be in Kalamazoo! That phone call at 10:00 pm from the team bus telling me you won the 4x100 in record time with your teammates brought tears to my eyes!! Thanks for understanding Bryan..and that goes to all my kids and their Dad.

Again..thanks one and all!!

Lynne Horn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DUH!!! Of course they did!! I do believe the scent of walking taco's turned my brain to mush!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PS-Ryan Sisson..we're all thinking and praying for you. We're hoping to have you back soon. And Troy, we'll be checking on you soon to see how you are.

And a major treat for me over the weekend was to see Matt Barczak on Saturday and Jordan(designated Vegas driver) Torres on Sunday. It was sad for me to say goodbye to each, not knowing when we'll see them again. I hid the tears but they were there... but keep in touch guys...that goes for all of the former family members!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dario Ughetti and Ryan Storey also attended on on Friday & Saturday.