Thread: Andy Mains gives a verbal commitment: or Big Country goes to a Bigger City....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Andy Mains has decided to take is academics and basketball to Davenport University(DU), in Grand Rapids(MI)!!! Andy will major in Business.
    Davenport is an NAIA school.
    Big Country is the CDBA's 1st to commit to a college in our class of 2006.

What's interesting in regards to Davenport offering Andy is that Davenport hired a new coach in September. The former coach was also recruiting Andy. Andy took an unofficial with the former coach and was impressed with him. The new head and top assistant coach are from Northwood University, who were also recruiting Andy. When they took over at DU, they continued their personal pursuit of Andy. Andy recently took an official visit and came away knowing that DU was where he wanted to be! All that was left was an offer....... It came last week, and Andy Mains decided to become a Davenport Panther!!!!
    *Andy joins the CDBA's Matt Barczak from Byron Center-'05 at DU.

To Andy Mains, an open letter.

Andy,
    congratulations on fulfilling your dream of playing College basketball. When we were introduced at the u-14 tryouts in 2004, I asked you what was your basketball goal. You responded by saying that you wanted to play beyond high school. As I reflect on our conversation that day, you mentioned NOTHING about a scholarship, just that you wanted to play. I also have never been referred to as SIR so much either-smile-!!
    Good things happen to good people.
    You worked very hard during your 2 years in the program. Every coach and teammate that you've had will agree with me on that. You will also agree with me when I say that things didn't always go as well as you'd have liked them to either. You stuck it out, remained a team-first, CDBA guy and I have much respect for you for sticking it out!
    When I told you that I'd like for my own Son to have many of your qualities I still feel that way...
    You have represented ALL that the CDBA is REALLY about! Guys like you is what the program's foundation is based on.

So, as you go from the metropolis of Augusta, MI. to the many traffic lights of Grand Rapids, 'er the bigger city, I on behalf of the CDBA, wish you ALL the BEST!

sincerely,
    Coach Darryl
    -as you always refer to me-

Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Mains as well. They're responsible for molding Andy into the person that he has become. I can personally say that Mom & Dad Mains put alot of time and energy into the program and were always there when needed by any CDBA member. They also get special mention for 2 straight years of the clean up shift in the concession stand at our CDBA Classic.
    Thanks a bunch!!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 30, 2005 09:56 PM: Message edited by: GoatCow#1 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats Andy!!