Thread: DAVID CLORE will be a Cardinal......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Long time CDBA family member DAVID CLORE has made his choice on where to take his Academic and Athletic talent to for the next 4 years.
    DAVID has decided to accept the scholarship offer from Concordia University(Ann Arbor,MI.), an NAIA school.

When I first met "D.C." in 2002, he came to the CDBA because the program that he had previously played with, decided not to have a team. "D.C." has always been a team/program first guy. He played 'up' as a 15 year old and was pretty much a role player for us. He never complained, always gave his maximum effort in practice or games. He even traveled to Kalamazoo in the Fall for 1.5 hour workouts with CDBA staff.

When asked at 14 what his goals were for basketball, "D.C." said that his goal was "to achieve a scholarship at the level that he could play at..."
    Having the combination of excellent academics AND athletic talent, "D.C." became a hot commodity for many "Ivy League" type of programs around the Country.

"D.C." isn't the only nick-name that DAVID answered to..... During our last trip to the YBOA Nationals(2003) in Orlando,FL. DAVID was wearing sunglasses just like the character in the movie "Robo Cop". I looked at DAVID and I just said "Robo Clore"..... Everyone laughed and it kinda stuck for the Summer. A few times since, DAVID has done something at practice, or during a game, and made a jesture like he was putting on the sunglasses.

Mr. & Mrs. Clore have been VERY supportive of the CDBA, and I must say that I'll miss them being around. I know that they're very proud of David's accomplishments, as are we here at the CDBA!

David Clore, Concordia University Cardinals.

-Darryl

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 23, 2006 02:23 PM: Message edited by: GoatCow#1 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

David, congratulations and the best to you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats DC!