Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I attended an 8th grade Football game last night. Lansing Waverly at Grand Ledge.

Bryan Horn's stats: 18 carries, 358 yards, 6 Touchdowns.

He runs like an Eric Dickerson/Marcus Allen combo. A blend of power & speed, best on the outside, but can do damage up the middle as well. Camp Darryl dosen't have a Football program, but I just enjoy watching this sport anyway. Bryan will look very good in Maize & Blue, or Brown & Gold for that matter. U of M & Waldo Stadiums are much easier to get to than Spartan Stadium....

Next up: Thursday, August 28. Dowagiac at Portage Northern(JV Football).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I may have to delay my Portage Northern appearance.... Mark Rolison has just informed me that Middleville will be as close as they'll ever be to Kalamazoo(unless they reach the Qtr's in basketball) on Thursday. The Middleville Thornapple-Kellogg Football team is at Comstock...

I may have to check this game out.....

I will attend both games. I'll attend a half of each game.

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 26, 2003 08:58 PM: Message edited by: GoatCow#1 ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2003 12:14 AM: Message edited by: GoatCow#1 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After the game, Gallagher suggested that we grab a bite to eat. I was informed by the guys that the 29th(next day) is an off day of school. So, Earl, Phillips, Potts, Ratering, and Gallagher & I went to grab a bite.

We decided to go to a Camp Darryl friendly establishment. We went to Shakespeare's Pub in downtown Kalamazoo. This is a Sports bar that has "mad-love" for the CDBA. The owner set us up in a private area(with our own TV).

We talked about everything from Kobe to predictions on how the Lions will finish. We enjoyed some great Pizza, and had a great time. The guys didn't seem to buy the fact that I thought that "Seabiscuit" was a great movie, and that they should see it...&lt;g&gt; We had such a nice time and were treated well enough to want to do this again. Maybe on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon before Basketball season..... This will be open to all of you.

Congratulations to all of the Camp Darryl Football players on this night! Thanks to all of the "family members" who came out tonite to join Gallagher & I in support of our Camp Darryl members.....

FUN ACTIVITY: Match the uniform number(football) with the Camp Darryl player who wears it. The first correct(all 5) response(via PM or e-mail) will win a prize(no joke)!

# 81, 6, 26, 4, 7.......

Players: Rolison, Dedow, Devin Smith, Horn, Miller

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

7- Me
    6- Dedow
    81- Devon
    26- Rolison
    4- Horn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The night of Thursday August 28th was very entertaining for Gallagher(Brian) & I. We made our first of 3 stops of the evening to Portage. We attended the first half of the Dowagiac vs Portage Northern JV Football game.

Portage Northern featured Camp Darryl u-15 members; Chris Dedow, Blake Miller, and Devin "dee-von" Smith.
    Brian & I sat along with u-15 member Zach Hurd(who's a member of P. Northern's Soccer team) at the 50 yard line. Blake is the QB, and Chris & Devin are wide-outs.

It was a great night as Blake scored on a 1-yd keeper to open the scoring. He later hit Devin for a 5-yd TD in the first qtr. Dedow was on the receiving of a 45-yd bomb from Blake with under a minute in the first half, that set up another score.
    Brian & I departed at the Half. I was informed later that P. Northern won the game 34-14, and that Devin & Blake hooked up for a 2nd time in the 3rd qtr.
    It was fun to watch the guys perform in a different sport.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our 2nd stop was to Comstock, where the Middleville Thornapple-Kellogg Varsity was playing.
    Middleville features u-17 member Mark Rolison(Mark didn't play in '03 for CDBA due to knee surgery) at Outside Linebacker. I have to say that Middleville is a very good team. What I thought that was unique, was that they have separate offensive & defensive units. Mark plays a style like Brian Ulracher. He is a fierce hitter, who seemed to spend most of the night in the Comstock backfield. Mark laid some bone shattering hits on a well known Comstock player on several defensive series.

Middleville prevailed 28-7.

In attendance were: u-13s' Dakota Hebert; Shawn Earl, Jared Phillips, Jason Ratering, Chase Vandenberg, and "adopted" Camp Darryl member, Eric Potts, all of the u-17's. Eric is an exchange student who attends Three Rivers, and is living with J-Rat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

7- Me
    6- Dedow
    81- Devon
    26-Horn
    4- Rolison

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

7- I meant Blake
    6- Dedow
    81- Devon
    26-Horn
    4- Rolison

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shawn Earl was the first to respond with all 5 correct!!! You win a genuine, authentic, Camp Darryl Towel........... ha, ha, ha,.....

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2003 12:38 PM: Message edited by: GoatCow#1 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey LHS played St joe on thursday and one 27-0 i played pretty good had 4 sacks and 10 tackles Dave for str joe had a good game but go hurt on a play he was there one good player that go run and do somthing for there team good job dav

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast