Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I don't even know where to begin to thank everyone. I could not have pulled it off last weekend with out the numerous players and parents that step forward and helped me.

You offered your help unaware of what I was going through. For this I am so grateful.

There are so many of you that I want to thank. I hope I don't leave anyone out.

Mary, John, Luke Srudolski and Thomas Hoff, Thank you for coming early and helping me finish up with all the coaches kits and tags. Mary, Thanks for being Andrew's second mom for the weekend.

To all my "Door Busters" Mary Srodulski, Lisa Cathcart, Dawn Wheaton, Marcy Coe, Toni and Brian Harris. Dan & Gail Kolenko, Peg Asmus, Deb Blauw, John Gray, John & Mary Ann Goetz and Diane Morris.

To all of those that checked in with me regularly to offer a hand, a kind word and a smile for me to enjoy, thank you. MMick & Mangala Goldynia, Tom and Sara Thornton, Donna Laur, Mike Bosma, Kathy & Richard Bader. And how can I forget Brian Jewell who came at me with those awsome Brownies and Cupcakes. (The brownies that you and MMick donated received rave reviews on Michiganpreps.rivals.com. No Kidding!) Kevin, thanks for running to get the buns without any delay. I'm sorry if I sounded a little demanding. I think you may be rubbing off on me. Jason, thanks for the on the job training in tournament brackets. I don't remember applying for that job, but I will add it to my resume.

Sweet Mary, (Darryl's Sister), Thank you so much for stepping up and and helping me bind the coaches books. I hope this hasn't scarred you off from helping me in the future.

Dr. Shay, welcome to the long hours of tournaments. I don't know what we would have done with out you.

To all the U-14 players and all our former players, Thanks for coming back to show your love. Darryl is like a proud parent when you guys come to visit.

To the Boss man, Darryl, after the hundreds of phone calls we've had to one another, the nights where we worked until 2 or 3 in the morning, the many debates and yes, the nose to nose combate, We did it! We made it through another tournament. Thanks, for all that you do and thanks for being there for me during this difficult time. I am truly grateful to have a friend like you.

Donna and Andrew Laur, Thank you for the beautiful arraignment.

Coach Dillard, thanks for your kind words. I read them to my 7 siblings and you made all of us cry.

Good luck this weekend guys.
    ~Lisa

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 11, 2008 08:17 AM: Message edited by: kid commuter ]</font>

Inactive Member Lisa Maxey Cook's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Once again I want to thank all of you for your support and love as Andrew and I deal with the loss of my father.

He was a great man a true hero. He was a WWII veteran and was a POW for one year. I learned a great deal about him the last few weeks. Most of which was about the suffering that he endured as a Prisoner of War.

The week before my father died, I was able to present my father with all of his military medals. Over the years, they had been lost and with the help of our Congressman, they were re-issued. There were a total of seven, the most significant was the Double Purple Heart.

He was given a full military service with the 21 gun salute and the presenting of the American flag to my Mother.

Once again, I want to thank all of you for your cards, emails, e-cards, flowers and for simply keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers. The Camp Darryl family has truly been there for me in my time of need. Thank you also to the extended Camp Darryl family and the Matthew's family.

Darryl, thanks for being there through it all.

~Lisa and Andrew

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 08, 2008 10:42 AM: Message edited by: kid commuter ]</font>