Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pamela's story, "Freezer Monsters" is hilarious! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I can see Pamela now, "bolting for the parking lot" (I've done that!) After I finished laughing and reading the story, I started to think about my own demons. I didn't get the same "warm fuzzies" that I got from the January Contest *laughs* but still good for me to do, just the same.

My demon is chocolate. There, I said it! Hershey's Chocolate with Almonds, Hostess Cupcakes, Oreo Cookies *wipes the drool off my chin* It doesn't matter what form it takes, I WANT it. And trust me, its Everywhere! I can't avoid it. Its in every section of the grocery store. You'll find it beside strawberries, its in cereals, swirled into ice cream, they even had the nerve to put Chocolate milk beside "my" milk! [img]frown.gif[/img] Of course there is the dreaded "Candy Section" which I can avoid, well, on a good day I can avoid it. Other days, I make it all the way to the register before A SALE! display of candy blocks my path. Most days I can overcome all of these obstacle's and settle for the chocolate in my Ovaltine but on other days, a candy bar, or six, will find their way into my cart.

So, what is your demon? They are all around us, in soda cans and potato chip bags. We don't have to look far. And we all have them and understand the pain of unfulfilled cravings. Tell us what haunts you in the pantry and if possible, any suggestions for avoiding them.

I hear that Slim Fast comes in Chocolate! Hmmmmmm Could this be my answer?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I confess. . . I am the lady with the bread demon Libby talked to. I love bread. I never met a bread I didn't like. . and fresh from the oven, with tons of sweet butter or dipping with cheese. . .yes, heaven. I mean, geesh, if you go out to eat, the first thing they bring you is hot bread dripping with that honey butter stuff, and if they are slow or busy, that bread smells soooooooo good and you are usually starving, so you think, I'll just have one, and I am drinking water, so I'll fill up and then not eat as much. .

I promised to switch to whole wheat only, and not the stuff from the grocery store which says it's whole wheat but really isn't. And I'm limiting it, more like sweets. And asking the waitress not to even bring it to my table.

Now, what's the solution for a chocolate addiction too?????
    Diane

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My demon is chocolate too. I guess you could call me a chocoholic! It doesn't matter what it is as long as it has chocolate in it. I start my day off with a double non-fat mocha and "try" to stay away from it for the rest of the day. (Which doesn't always work because there's way too many candy machines that I have to pass on the way to the bathroom at work). If I don't carry change with me it isn't a problem. While grocery shopping I find that if I buy a small bag of candy (instead of the 1 lb. bag) my sweet tooth is satisfied. For now [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thank you Libby for starting this thread!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, I guess y'all are shy so I'll help by getting this started. I have gotten two anonymous confessions so far [img]smile.gif[/img]

One lady told me that her demon was also chocolate. I'm sure this must be a common one because not only is it sooooo good, chocolate contains chemicals which make us feel euphoric and as this lady pointed out, "the dark chocolate is good for our hearts!" *laughs* Yeah, I tell myself that too [img]smile.gif[/img] (Everything you ever wanted to know about the perfect Mood Food - Chocolate [img]smile.gif[/img] http://www.chocolate.org/)

Another lady told me that her demon is breads. I must confess that is also another of my favorites. It doesn't matter what kind, we loves them all. If you would have heard us talking about butter melting on a slice of freshly baked bread, you would have thought we were talking about sex with all the ooohhhhing, aaaahhhhhing and mmmmmmmming that was going on *laughs* We both do our best to stick with the whole grains and avoid that pat of butter but there's no way to deny it, its soooooo good!

Now I know that men read this site and they have their weaknesses too so, tell us about yours. Is is that beer, or 12, with your buddies on the weekends? Is it the bag of potatoes chips that seem to disappear during the football game? Trust me, you are not alone!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My demon . . . ICE CREAM . . . Yes, I share this addiction with Miss Pamela. It really is evil stuff too!! There is a Cold Stone Creamery just a little way down the road from our office. It's murder knowing that and knowing that every day (assuming I wouldn't go broke) I could go there and get a little bit of heaven.

HOWEVER, I do try to avoid going there and we just about NEVER have ice cream in the house. The way I figure it, I'm WAY less likely to have some if it isn't quite so easily accessable. Although on days that I drive to work and not my carpool pal . . . Cold Stone calls to me . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oHHH, ICE CREAM. . .especially CHOCOLATE. . .
    When I was pregnant with my first son, I craved Heavenly Hash ice cream desperately. At 8 months, and huge, I sat down with a half gallon container and a spoon. . .I ate the whole thing and have hated the sight of Heavenly Hash ever since.
    So what does this child do 17 years later?? Dates a girl whose parents own a COLD STONE CREAMRY! And guess what they give for Christmas presents? I gave my gift certificate to my daughter's best friend and now I'm 'kewl' to at least one college kid. . .
    Seriously, I like your idea of not even having it in the house. That works for me, too. And when I do spurge, at least I skip the really 'bad', stuff and go for the Edy's Light-- oh, have you tried their French Silk? My lord. ..
    Ok, I am supposed to be saying how to FIGHT the demon that calls you. .. Since I live in the country, not having it in the house is good, because with gas so high I will not waste the gas to drive back into town just for ice cream, so not buying it is the only way it doesn't call me.
    I think. That or the kids' music is just drowning it out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And about the Candy. . .
    I swear, the Public School and Jenny Craig/Weight Watchers/South Beach/Any Other Diet Place are all in cahoots with each other. Every Fall, the school send the kids home with boxes of candy bars to sell. . .kit kats, hersey's, snickers. . .
    We had 4 boxes with 40 candy bars each in them once and I truly thought I was losing my mind from all the screaming. . .the candy calling me, and me screaming, "Noooooooooooo".
    I finally called the school and promised to give them a $20 donation if they swore never ever to send those boxes home with any of my kids again.
    So now the Spring Fund raiser is. . .Frozen Cookie Dough.
    'Dialing the school to give a donation and send this stuff back. . .'

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mine is pizza. honestly. i could eat pizza til i had pizza coming out of my nose!! mmmmmm pizza!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suppose we could just skip the whole eating thing altogether . . . but then we wouldn't be able to enjoy all of life's other pleasures. What a bummer!!

Pizza . . . . mmmmmmmmmm . . . . one of my huge problem foods too . . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pringles.... mmmm.... *drooling here* I don't dare buy any because I can't trust myself to not finish off the whole can of chips in one evening! I just gotta remember that they all taste the same.... so why eat them all??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast