Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you've been to the site, you may have read about my trip to the Exercise Medicine Clinic for exercise testing.

I was asked what motivates me to continue on this journey. I really didn't have a "good" answer. I still really do not like eating healthy and exercising. I do it becasue I have to. I've resigned myself to this as a life-long fact.

As for motivation, I have lots of support, which I find motivational. There are several fun aspects of the project that keep me going. There's the book. The fundraiser. Seeing results helps. Shopping is more fun. Regained fitness and mobility make everything more enjoyable.

I don't know. I guess for me, I take my motivation wherever I can find it on a day to day basis.

What keeps you going?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Motivation! Such a great topic! <u>I would have posted sooner but seriously, I couldn't get myself Motivated to do so.</u> After returning from vacation to sunny Florida, I couldn't get back into the swing of things. *laughs because it's so true!*

Maintaining personal motivation isn't always easy. People have all kinds of barriers to overcome.

There are Physical Barriers. Disabilities which may be as sever as Paralysis or as minor as a cut hand *thinks of Pamela and smirks*

There are Environmental barriers. Its too cold, or too hot, or its raining. *laughs* Those are easy to come up with!

There are Physiological barriers. Everyone has periods where they just can't seem to get themselves going. Luckily for our generation, it is no longer Taboo to seek the advice of a medical professional.

Research has shown that exercising in groups helps to keep a person motivated. That doesn't work for me. I would much rather put on my head phones, get into my own little world and start sweating!

Thankfully for me, Spring has Sprung! The gorgeous weather has literally pulled me outdoors.

Putting on my bikini for the first time this summer has also been a Big motivation *laughs even though its Not funny*

It's good to tell myself how exercising reduces my stress level and helps my overall well being ... but the occasional glance from a good looking man sure helps too!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, i'm gonna put on a bikini this summer too *falls over laughing*