Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi. I think I can solve the mystery.
    I'm purchasing the stove from a man is PA. I asked if he could send me some more pics and he e mailed me with the url for his posting to U tube. It was bought by his mother new and used for an overflow stove when entertaining. His wife has had it for approx 25 yrs but hasn't used it. Supposedly the stove hadn't been cleaned at all for the video, including the top.. I'm picking it up this weekend...Dan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Texas

Stove looks great. The oven racks arn't rusted. bearly looks used.

Good find - you should be able to polish that top to a mirror finish. I did that to our stove and it was a little worse. . . . well look at her photos.

Lot of luck

Ron

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Steve. Yeah I'm really looking forward to cleaning her up. Bet she shines like a new penny...Dan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well we just got back from Pittsburgh with the Chambers stove in question. I was pretty well convinced of the stoves condition by the video. So... after a 700 mile trip, a terrifying descent down a crazy angled stairwy, and s driving rainstorm.... I musy say...It was worth it... She was a thing of beauty. as close to pristine as any original appliance I've ever seen. The chrome is beautiful, and with the exception of a tiny chip where the backsplash joins the top, her porcelian is perfect. Burners, grates, drip rings even the oven floor are beautiful . After a very thorough exam I found no rust. NONE!!! ANYWHERE. I couldnt believe it.( I lied. There is a tiny bit of surface rust on the back) The racks are still shiny. The burners all work smoothly. The timer works and appears to be accurate. The thermostat dial has a chip of the enamel. I was so busy evaluating the stove that I almost didn't notice the stainless steel scallop edge Chambers vent hood above. We negotiated a price and It came home with me too. Also pristine except for the plastic lens of the light which has deteriorated with time. The accessoties included a round pot, a triple pot and a thermobaker. All of these appear never to have been used. As if this wasnt good enough; attached with a string to the back was what I'm assuming was the double ended wrench that came in the cloth beg that was in the thermowell of a new stove. One end or another fits all the nuts to take off the back, bacsplash and sides....All in all a pretty good day. She's going onto our retro New mexico kitchen. I'll send pictures when I can....Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12