Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just recieved my 1940 Chambers B from the delivery service with some damage. Of most significant note is a dime sized hole where the enamel used to be on the front below the oven door. Can this be repaired? Should the front be removed for complete refinishing? Stove is original and I planned to make other repairs but the enamel was in good condition. Thanks in advance for the responses.
    Aaron

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ January 07, 2005 02:01 PM: Message edited by: aamore ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

It is very expensive to have the panel re-porcelained. It is also hard to get an exact color match.

If you go to an appliance parts supply house (one that supplies servicemen), you can usually get a bottle that looks like a obttle of Liquid Paper. In it is a repair coating for enameled pieces like yours. It isn't designed for big areas, but smaller ones, with some patience and a steady hand, can be made to almost disappear...

Hope this helps!

Do you have the cookbook and Service Manual for your "B"?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Todd:

Thanks for the information. People are so helpful. Got another response from John Jowers at Anitique Appliances. He suggested a repair kit at [url="http://www.surface-repair.com"]www.surface-repair.com[/url]

When ordering the kit, order the ?Plumbing White? as it is the same color white as the old appliance white. What they call ?appliance white? is the new bright white that is found on appliances today.

I will give it a shot on my old GE stove before tryinng the Chambers. I will let you know how the kit turns out. Look promising.
    Aaron

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to hear how you liked the repair kit. I have a few chips in mine that I'd like to repair too. Thanks, Gwen