Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I've been trying to find a new home for a 1950's era Chambers (I believe it is a 90C). I have it on craigslist now and someone pointed me to this board. I removed it when I gutted the kitchen in a house I bought over a year ago. I could easily scrap it, but that just doesn't seem right. It definately needs some TLC on the finish (exterior and interior), but I know the burners, well, and oven work (not sure about broiler). I'd rather see this thing go to someone who would do something with it than see it hauled away by 1-800-got-junk, but I really need to get the extra space back in my garage.

Any words of advice on finding people who are serious about buying these? I'm not looking to make a mint. I know refurbished these things go for several thousand, but I also know this one needs work done to it.

Thanks!
    -Phill

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm. I'm doing the reverse, but I can share the top 3 places that looked most promising to me.

I'd guess that posting here is a great idea, as everyone researching the Chambers stove on the internet seems to end up here sooner or later.

Craigslist.org (for the city nearest you) might be a great place to post to find a local buyer.

Finally, there's an inexpensive classified ad system at antiquestoves.com that might net you a buyer.

The ones that need lots of work don't often sell for very much, unless their color is unusual. But as someone who's hunting (in Arkansas) for a Chambers, I applaud you for wanting the stove to have a good home and a chance at a new life!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arkansas What Part?
    I am from Magnolia, way down south. Almost in
    Lousiana.
    Good luck with the hunt. I am looking for one for
    a friend of mine. He and his wife have the fever.
    Pokey

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

North Arkansas, almost Missouri-- Harrison.

We've been in Orlando for the past four years but are in the process of moving back. We're staying with my parents for the time being until our house in Orlando sells. Looking for a Chambers now is kind of putting the cart before the horse, but I'm pretty determined that the house/horse must be able to handle a Chambers! I'm hoping that by the time we find a house, we'll have found our stove.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PhilC

Look at our pictures and see what we did with our 90C.

She's the star of our kitchen and cooks like a pro.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looking to sell a white Chambers C model from the 1950s. In decent working condition. New Jersey area. Please contact if interested or have any suggestions. Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: how to sell a Chambers

Chambers are an amazing new way to create a hot bath at home without any water. Simply plug the device into a wall outlet and it heats up to 130 degrees Fahrenheit in just 3 minutes. Chambers is the perfect way to unwind after a long day and relax in a luxurious bath. Chambers also has a sleek, modern design that will fit into any bathroom.